New Amendments to Revised Article 9
The Law Governing Perfection of Liens on Non-Real Estate Collateral has been amended effective July 1, 2013. This new webinar will help bankers understand and make needed adjustments.
Revised Article 9, effective in 2001, is the law that controls how bankers perfect liens on collateral other than real estate. That law has been amended to “clean up” certain uncertainties which have become apparent over the past 10 years. The scope of the amendments is narrow and the changes are easy to understand and adopt into daily loan documentation practice and procedure. Fundamental loan documentation principles are not changing, but it will be necessary to commit time and energy to the prescribed changes. This new webinar has been created to help bankers understand and make needed adjustments. All bakers involved in the lending function will benefit from this concise and direct presentation.
- Changes in filing of UCCs, especially with regard to determining the correct debtor name to use on UCC filings, especially with regard to individual borrowers;
- Documenting correct names;
- Key definition amendments;
- Filing a mortgage as a fixture filing in lieu of a UCC-1;
- Type of debtor organization, debtor jurisdiction, organization identification number to be shown on UCCs (or not);
- New standard UCC forms;
- Other less frequently occurring issues/amendments.
Anyone involved in loan documentation including loan officers, loan assistants and secretaries, loan operations personnel, credit analysts and loan administration personnel.
Speaker Bob Ullom, a CPA, began his banking career in 1970 when he was hired to start and develop an loan officer development program. Bob has been founding president of two fast-growing banks and led both to sound and profitable status. Since 1989, R.V. Ullom & Company has provided education services to banks and state banker associations in 38 states. Over 30 different seminars, webinars and lending schools are presented dealing with all aspects of credit and credit management, leadership and board performance, and appraisal regulations.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit aba.com/icb/membercereview for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2.5 hrs./session CLBB/CRCM/CPB.
Member price: $265.00 | Non member price $530.00
Member price: $280.00 | Non member price $560.00
Online: Visit the CBA Webinar Catalog
Mail: Click here and mail completed form with check payable to ConferenceEdge to: (Mail at least 10 days prior to event)
4434 W. 29th St., Denver, CO 80212
Phone: Call ConferenceEdge at (877) 988-7526 (credit card payments only)
- Preferred Payment Method: Online
- Please register online or by phone when paying with a credit card
- Payment Must Accompany Registration – Invoices are Not Provided
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.