Managing in the Middle
In 2012, there were 10.8 million middle managers working in the United States.
It’s a reasonable assumption that more than a third of all managers in banking are “managing in the middle”: reporting to top-level managers while managing others in some capacity. This practical, real-world webinar will help middle managers navigate their way through the maze that comes with the job.
“Managing in the Middle” gives supervisors and managers the skills they need to manage work and people. They can become stronger links in the management chain. Here are some thoughts to consider about middle managers:
- They know how stuff really gets done.
- They understand process and procedure, who does what, and critical deadlines.
- They are in the best position to help motivate the staff. They are with them all day.
- They have to work stuff out with cross-functional departments and teams.
- They have the power to set the tone and encourage bounce-back when things go wrong.
- They don’t have to defend the mission they have to lead getting the mission done.
- They need to be trained, coached, and valued for what they contribute.
Tune in and what great middle managers do differently.
What You Will Learn
- Plan, organize and manage in a more productive way
- Sharpen essential skills in order to elevate personal effectiveness
- Coach for maximum results and minimum demotivation
- Build positive relationships with your team, colleagues, and senior management
- Develop credibility as a leader
- Empower people through meaningful, ongoing performance appraisals
- Handle disciplinary problems and managing conflict
Managers and supervisors who want to enhance their skills and contributions
Honey Shelton brings the best of both worlds to her speaking and training engagements. She has 25 years of experience as a training and quality improvement consultant for banks and banking associations across the country. Her banking background includes spending three years as Executive Vice President/Chief Retail Banking Officer with First Victoria National Bank.
Nationally recognized as an outstanding speaker, over a half million bankers have participated in programs Honey has presented. Her depth of knowledge, enthusiasm, and compelling personality has left her lasting mark on InterAction Training, the firm she founded in 1983.
As a graduate of the School of Bank Marketing from the University of Colorado, she realizes the value of quality education. Honey invests time as a faculty member for banking schools around the country. She is a repeat presenter for most of the state banking associations.
Honey continues in her own personal pursuit of excellence and is a member of the American Society of Training and Development (ASTD). Currently she is pursuing a self study program on Six Sigma. She has obtained certification in Reality Therapy from the William Glasser Institute as well as certification from the Training and Development Program at Texas A & M.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2.5 CE Credits
- Live Webinar which includes 5 Day On-Demand - $265
- Six Month On-Demand – $295
- Live plus Six Month On-Demand – $365
- CD-ROM (Includes Six Month On-Demand) – $325
- Premier (Includes all options) – $395
- Additional Locations – $75
Online: Click here.
Phone: Call Total Training Solutions at (800) 831-0678
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.