Loan Structure, Documentation and Compliance
Attend this proactive seminar and receive a thorough overview of commercial lending requirements from a loan structure, documentation, and compliance perspective.
Basic business structure will be presented along with loan structure and loan support. Additionally, commercial lending issues relative to loan documentation will be reviewed. Loan pricing and monitoring will also be covered along with a review of current compliance issues.
The seminar will be summarized through a comprehensive case study.
- Review Basic Business Structure: C Corporations to LLC’s
- Explore the Six (6) Elements of Loan Structure: Loan Purpose, Sources of Repayment, Adequate Amount, Appropriate Term, Adequate Support, Framework for Monitoring
- Summarize the Four (4) Elements of Loan Support: Collateral, Guaranties, Loan Agreements, Subordination Agreements
- Highlight Commercial Loan Documentation issues including promissory notes, security agreements, and guaranties along with the use of the BSA Loan Rating, Collateral Rating, and C&I Borrower Rating Matrixes
- Discuss Loan Pricing and Monitoring Issues
- Review current compliance issues: Equal Credit Opportunity Act (Reg B), Truth in Lending Act (Reg Z), Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, and UCC Article 9
- Analyze comprehensive Loan Structure/Documentation/Compliance Case Study
Commercial lenders, credit analysts, loan documentation specialists, branch managers, assistant branch managers, private bankers, and business development officers
David L. Osburn is the founder of Osburn & Associates, LLC, a Business Training and Contract CFO Firm that provides seminars, webinars, and keynote speeches for CPAs, bankers, attorneys, credit managers, and business owners on topics such as Banking/Finance/Credit, Negotiation Skills, Marketing, and Management Issues. Mr. Osburn’s Contract CFO clients include medical practitioners, financial institutions, law firms, CPA firms, architects, real estate developers, and contractors.
His extensive professional background of over 30 years includes 17 years as a Business Trainer/Contract CFO and 16 years as a bank commercial lender including the position of Vice President/Senior Banking Officer. His banking credentials include loan underwriting, loan “work-out”, management, and business development.
Mr. Osburn has been an adjunct college professor (MBA and undergraduate courses) for over 30 years including Regis University and the College of Southern Nevada. He holds an MBA from Utah State University, a BS in Finance from Brigham Young University, and is a graduate of the ABA National Commercial Lending School held at the University of Oklahoma. Additionally, Mr. Osburn holds the professional designation of Certified Credit & Risk Analyst (CCRA) as granted by the National Association of Credit Management (NACM).
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2.5 CE Credits
- Live Webinar which includes 5 Day On-Demand - $265
- Six Month On-Demand – $295
- Live plus Six Month On-Demand – $365
- CD-ROM (Includes Six Month On-Demand) – $345
- Premier (Includes all options) – $395
- Additional Locations – $75
Online: Click here.
Phone: Call Total Training Solutions at (800) 831-0678
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.