Lending Basics for Support Personnel
Lending is all about risk management.
This webinar is designed to take the “mystery” out of the lending process and confusing terminology used by lenders.
Support personnel have a key role and stake in the lending process, and they can help to create a safe and sound loan portfolio. Many would say that support personnel are the backbone of a good leading team. This webinar takes the perspective of a nonlender, and what goes on during the process of analyzing and approving a loan, focusing on commercial and business loans.
- The key steps in the commercial and business lending process
- The role of loan policy and typical content areas
- The types of financial analysis conducted
- Four keys to loan structuring, including the types of commercial loan facilities most frequently used, and various terminology
- Loans as defined by financing length or term (loans, lines of credit, etc.)
- Loans as defined by collateral (secured or unsecured)
- Loans as defined by third-party support (guaranteed or non-recourse)
- How bankers establish a risk rating for commercial & business loans
- Importance of ongoing loan monitoring after the loan is closed
- In summary: the “Five C’s of Credit”
Community bankers in non-lending roles, lending assistants, loan operations personnel, new credit analysts, loan review personnel, internal audit and bank compliance specialists.
Richard Hamm has been training bankers for 25 years, including both creating and teaching courses for the ABA and the RMA, plus regional banking schools (Graduate School of Banking – Wisconsin, Graduate School of Banking at Colorado, Southwestern Graduate School of Banking and Barret School of Banking – Memphis), numerous state banking and community banking associations and individual banks. While specializing in all phases of lending and credit, he also covers “top of the bank” issues and provides director training.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2 hours/session
Member price: $275.00 | Non member price $550.00
Member price: $295.00 | Non member price $590.00
Online: Visit the CBA Webinar Catalog
Mail: Click here and mail completed form with check payable to ConferenceEdge to: (Mail at least 10 days prior to event)
1516 Xavier St., Ste 500, Denver, CO 80204
Phone: Call ConferenceEdge at (877) 988-7526 (credit card payments only)
- Preferred Payment Method: Online
- Please register online or by phone when paying with a credit card
- Payment Must Accompany Registration – Invoices are Not Provided
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.