Lending Basics for Support Personnel
Lending is all about risk management! This seminar is designed to help support personnel understand what goes into making safe, sound and appropriate loan decisions.
Lending generates more income than any other product or service because loans earn the highest rates. However, this is because they also have the highest risk. This seminar has been developed at the request of bankers nationwide to provide loan support personnel (everyone other than loan officers) with the basic information needed to understand what goes into making safe, sound and appropriate loan decisions.
- What it means to be a banker
- Your bank’s responsibilities (as related to the lending function) to:
- The bank’s risk-to-reward ratio–a basic banking principle
- Loan policy – who, why, what and how to make loan policy a living, working document
- The loan decision process:
- The five C’s of credit
- Required information
- Loan decision making
- Loan structure
- Loan profitability and interest rate determination
- The role of financial information analysis
- The importance of disciplined loan documentation
- Review of specific types of loans:
- Working capital
- Real estate
- Stocks, bonds, notes, etc.
Loan assistants/secretaries, loan operations personnel, credit analysts, loan review, internal audit and compliance personnel will all benefit.
Bob Ullom, a nationally recognized banking educator, began his career as a CPA. Bob has been president of two start-up banks and led both fast growing institutions to profitable, sound status. Since 1989, Bob has provided relevant, “real world” training in over 35 states for bankers associations and banks. He currently presents a wide variety of seminars dealing with all areas of lending and credit management, bank management, bank directors and compliance.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2 hours CLBB.
Member price: $265.00 | Non member price $530.00
Member price: $280.00 | Non member price $560.00
Online: Visit the CBA Webinar Catalog
Mail: Click here and mail completed form with check payable to ConferenceEdge to: (Mail at least 10 days prior to event)
1516 Xavier St., Ste 500, Denver, CO 80204
Phone: Call ConferenceEdge at (877) 988-7526 (credit card payments only)
- Preferred Payment Method: Online
- Please register online or by phone when paying with a credit card
- Payment Must Accompany Registration – Invoices are Not Provided
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.