Lending Basics for Support Personnel
Two hour tele-web seminar September 18, 2012
Lending is all about risk management! This seminar is designed to help support personnel understand what goes into making safe, sound and appropriate loan decisions.
This tele-web seminar will begin on Tuesday, September 18, 2012 at 11:30 AM to 1:30 PM Pacific Time.
Lending generates more income than any other product or service because loans earn the highest rates, but this is because they also have the highest risk. This seminar has been developed at the request of bankers nationwide to provide loan support personnel (everyone other than loan officers) with the basic information needed to understand what goes into making safe, sound and appropriate loan decisions.
- What it means to be a banker
- Your bank’s responsibilities (as related to the lending function) to:
- The bank’s risk-to-reward ratio–a basic banking principle
- Loan policy – who, why, what and how to make loan policy a living, working document
- The loan decision process:
- The five C’s of credit
- Required information
- Loan decision making
- Loan structure
- Loan profitability and interest rate determination
- The role of financial information analysis
- The importance of disciplined loan documentation
- Review of specific types of loans:
- Working capital
- Real estate
- Stocks, bonds, notes, etc.
Loan assistants/secretaries, loan operations personnel, credit analysts, loan review, internal audit and compliance personnel will all benefit.
Bob Ullom, a nationally recognized banking educator, began his career as a CPA. Bob has been president of two start-up banks and led both fast growing institutions to profitable, sound status. Since 1989, Bob has provided relevant, “real world” training in over 35 states for bankers associations and banks. He currently presents a wide variety of seminars dealing with all areas of lending and credit management, bank management, bank directors and compliance.
2.0 total credits
Member price: $250.00 | Non member price $500.00