Legal Essentials for Lenders
This new program covers important legal issues and concepts that must be understood and consistently applied in order to enforce your bank’s liens and other rights, avoid litigation and better serve customers.
This program is designed for lenders, their support staff and loan quality personnel at all levels. It covers important legal issues and concepts which must be understood and consistently applied in order to enforce the bank’s liens and other legal rights, avoid litigation and better serve customers. The goal is to provide an opportunity to learn or confirm your understanding of a variety of legal issues lending personnel deal with on a daily basis.
The program will be highly conversational and will provide ample opportunity to discuss, ask questions and obtain guidance on common legal issues. Participants are encouraged to bring their own list of topics to be discussed or to submit them in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Loan documents as contracts
- Purpose and structure of loan agreements, security agreements, borrowing base certificates and other loan documents
- Rights of offset/setoff
- Course of dealing: defaults and waivers
- Priority of liens and payment
- Due authorization: legal entities & signature requirements
- UCC filings: best practices and common errors
- Guaranties: requirements, rights and risks
- How your rights change in bankruptcy: special issues for banks
- Care and keeping of collateral in the possession of the bank
- Avoiding conduct that leads to litigation
Lenders, loan support staff and loan quality personnel at any level.
Robin Russell co-chairs the Bankruptcy & Financial Restructuring Practice at Andrews Kurth LLP. She combines a depth of experience in bankruptcy restructuring and litigation with financial transactions. She has represented corporate debtors, liquidating trustees, bondholders, unsecured creditors’ committees, bank groups, private equity funds, landlords, trade creditors and bidders for estate assets in Chapter 11 and Chapter 7 bankruptcy proceedings and has litigated fraudulent conveyance and preference claims. She also represents banks, institutional lenders and corporate borrowers in commercial loan transactions and debt restructurings. Robin is the principal author of the Texas Secured Lending Guide, Texas Problem Loan Guide and Texas Real Estate Lending Guide. She is a frequent speaker on banking, bankruptcy and financial restructuring related topics.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2 hours/session
Member price: $275.00 | Non member price $550.00
Member price: $295.00 | Non member price $560.00
Online: Visit the CBA Webinar Catalog
Mail: Click here and mail completed form with check payable to ConferenceEdge to: (Mail at least 10 days prior to event)
1516 Xavier St., Ste 500, Denver, CO 80204
Phone: Call ConferenceEdge at (877) 988-7526 (credit card payments only)
- Preferred Payment Method: Online
- Please register online or by phone when paying with a credit card
- Payment Must Accompany Registration – Invoices are Not Provided
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.