Legal Essentials for Lenders
This new program presents an opportunity to learn or confirm the understanding of a variety of legal issues lending personnel deal with on a daily basis. The program will be highly conversational and will provide ample opportunity to discuss, ask questions and obtain guidance on common legal issues.
This program is designed for lenders, their support staff and/or loan quality personnel at any level. The goal is to provide an opportunity to learn or confirm their understanding of a variety of legal issues lending personnel deal with on a daily basis
The program will be highly conversational and will provide ample opportunity to discuss, ask questions and obtain guidance on common legal issues. Participants are encouraged to bring their own list of topics to be discussed or to submit them in advance to email@example.com. This program is low on theory and high on practical, immediately useful information you will be able to use in daily practice.
- Important legal issues and concepts which must be understood and consistently applied in order to better serve customers and avoid potential lender liability (and the expense which goes with defense against lender liability), including:
- Dealing in Good Faith,
- Right of Offset,
- Doctrine of Established Course of Dealing, etc.
- Awareness of ever-present conflict between laws which cause both documentation and lien rights errors.
- Determining proper borrowing entity names, signatures and authority for individuals, partnerships, corporations and LLC’s – errors in this area often result in unenforceable debt and/or liens.
- Perfecting a valid, enforceable and first priority security interest – a “short course” on loan documentation basics frequently misunderstood, including collateral documentation checklists that que the lender regarding necessary questions and answers for issues related to various types of collateral.
- Loan Agreements – an overview of the purpose, usefulness, construction and structure of loan agreements, including borrowing base certificates, notices of borrowing and other ancillary documents.
Lenders, loan support staff and loan quality personnel at any level.
Robin Russell is a partner with the law firm of Andrews Kurth L.L.P., practicing in the areas of banking, bankruptcy and corporate finance, representing banks, insurance companies, corporate and individual borrowers in secured commercial and consumer lending transactions. Robin is the author of TBA’s bestselling “Texas Secured Lending Guide” and the “Texas Real Estate Lending Guide.”
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2 hours CRCM/CLBB
Member price: $265.00 | Non member price $530.00
Member price: $280.00 | Non member price $560.00
Online: Visit the CBA Webinar Catalog
Mail: Click here and mail completed form with check payable to ConferenceEdge to: (Mail at least 10 days prior to event)
1516 Xavier St., Ste 500, Denver, CO 80204
Phone: Call ConferenceEdge at (877) 988-7526 (credit card payments only)
- Preferred Payment Method: Online
- Please register online or by phone when paying with a credit card
- Payment Must Accompany Registration – Invoices are Not Provided
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.