It’s More Than a Balancing Act
Reduce the headaches associated with teller turnover, poor performance, lousy attitudes, balancing problems and missed opportunities to cross-sell your customer.
Increase customer satisfaction, teamwork and teller professionalism.
The teller position remains the most visible position in any financial institution. The impact the teller has on customer service, sales and fraud detection are highly significant. In this training program tellers will learn the importance of creating positive impressions, as well as, using sound judgment in all situations — from the most routine to the most complicated.
What You Will Learn
This program provides the morale boost your tellers hunger for, reminders you have longed for them to be refreshed about and the instruction needed to deal with every essential issue the teller faces. Your instructor, Janice Branch, is the teller trainer for numerous state banking associations. Her informational, humorous and real world training approach captivates participants’ attention.
Don’t miss this economical, convenient opportunity for your tellers to learn about improving their performance, self-esteem and attitude.
- Teamwork – how to be a team player and what to do if you work with someone who isn’t.
- Primary responsibilities – to the customer, the institution, the teller line, the supervisor and to your own reputation.
- Professional maturity – the foundation for success as a teller.
- The balancing act – the grade card of the teller. We’ll focus on following proper procedures in handling cash. Dos and don’ts that impact your balancing record will be explored in detail.
- Cross-selling techniques that work for you – learn the success factors needed to succeed at cross-selling your customer.
- Check cashing – what to look for, what steps to always take and when to seek a second opinion. Review the six point validity test for ID.
- · High risk and fraudulent transactions – how to identify them and what steps to take to minimize the risk without offending the customer.
- Maintaining an enviable, impeccable reputation – here we look at everything from impression management (dress code, workspace organization, dependability, etc.) to taking the initiative for taking care of business!
- Deliver extraordinary service – learn how to diffuse difficult customers and how to increase job satisfaction as you ensure that your customers leave feeling appreciated and understood.
You will want all your tellers, teller trainers and teller supervisors to participate.
Janice Branch has been a senior training consultant for InterAction Training for more 20 years. Prior to joining InterAction Training, Janice was the Senior Manager of Training for Consolidated Communications, where she managed, designed and presented training programs for more than 1,000 employees. Whether it is teaching how to coach, manage, lead, negotiate, service, sell or train or if it is consulting on problem-solving and servant leadership, Janice is the “go-to” person every bank wants to hear from.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2 hours/session
Member price: $275.00 | Non member price $550.00
Member price: $295.00 | Non member price $560.00
Online: Visit the CBA Webinar Catalog
Mail: Click here and mail completed form with check payable to ConferenceEdge to: (Mail at least 10 days prior to event)
1516 Xavier St., Ste 500, Denver, CO 80204
Phone: Call ConferenceEdge at (877) 988-7526 (credit card payments only)
- Preferred Payment Method: Online
- Please register online or by phone when paying with a credit card
- Payment Must Accompany Registration – Invoices are Not Provided
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.