IRAs: Beyond the Basics
This is part of a four-part webinar series on IRAs. To view or purchase the entire series, click here.
Everyone knows you can only do one rollover per “IRA” in a 12-month period – right?
But, what’s the definition of an “IRA” – An IRA account? An IRA plan? An IRA plan type? The actual verbiage on this has always been a little gray and subject to interpretation. In a landslide, mind-blowing court case, the whole rollover world has been turned upside down. Big changes and clarifications regarding rollovers became effective January 2015. As you can see below, this is a jam-packed informational Webinar.
- Why is it important to QUALIFY the money coming into the financial institution?
- What are the three questions that should be verified?
- What is the IRS definition of an IRA for rollover qualification purposes?
- What happens if an IRA accountholder exceeds the once-per-12-month rule?
- What are the alternatives to moving money from IRA to IRA if not a “rollover”?
- What are the transition rules for 2014 and 2015 rollovers?
- Which IRA Forms are used, and how is the movement reported to the IRS?
- When does the financial institution have to verify transactions with the other institution?
- What’s the difference between an IRA Transfer, an IRA Rollover and a Qualified Plan Rollover?
- Moving money from a Traditional to a Roth or QP to a Roth – Conversion vs. Rollover?
- What is a Recharacterization between plan types?
- Most importantly… How do you correctly code the above transactions to the IRS?
A “must-attend” webinar for anyone even remotely involved in IRAs, including frontline, back office, call center, investment department, and trust department personnel.
Patrice M. Konarik is president of Sunwest Training Corp. founded over 20 years ago near San Antonio, Texas. With over 30 years experience in the financial industry, Patrice brings expertise in the areas of retirement and new accounts, and provides live training and webinars on these topics nationwide. Many state banking associations and other organizations use her as their main source for training on these complicated subjects.
Patrice earned a BS in Management Science from New York’s Binghamton University. Her upbeat personality and banking experience facilitate interaction and questions during training sessions.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2.5 CE Credits
Live Webinar which includes 7 Day On-Demand - $265
Six Month On-Demand – $295
Live plus Six Month On-Demand – $365
CD-ROM (Includes Six Month On-Demand) – $325
Premier (Includes all options) – $395
Additional Locations – $75
Online: Click here.
Phone: Call Total Training Solutions at (800) 831-0678
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.