IRA Series – 4 Part Webinar
October 20 - 11:30am - 1:30pm
October 27 - 8am - 10am
December 1 - 8am - 10am
December 9 - 8am - 10am
This four part series includes the following webinars.
Click each link for a complete description of what will be covered in each session. Each webinar can also be purchased individually.
If you want to “jump start” your IRA knowledge base, this two-hour webinar is a good place to begin.
Learn about important recent changes to the world of IRA Rollovers.
If you’re searching for a webinar that will help you achieve that higher “comfort level” on these complicated topics, this seminar is “must-attend”.
If you don’t want to write checks to the IRS for filing errors, this webinar is a “must attend”!
- IRAs: The Basics
- Review of top terminology of IRAs
- Basic Forms Required To Open, Close, Move and Maintain IRAs (have your own forms – including application, contribution and distribution forms – available during the webinar)
- Qualifications, Contribution Limits and Deadlines for:
- Traditional IRA and Roth IRAs
- Conversion Roth (IRS codes and reporting)
- SEP IRAs
- IRAs: Beyond the Basics
- Why is it important to QUALIFY the money coming into the financial institution?
- What are the three questions that should be verified?
- What is the IRS definition of an IRA for rollover qualification purposes?
- What happens if an IRA accountholder exceeds the once-per-12-month rule?
- What are the alternatives to moving money from IRA to IRA if not a “rollover”?
- Which IRA Forms are used, and how is the movement reported to the IRS?
- When does the financial institution have to verify transactions with the other institution?
- What’s the difference between an IRA Transfer, an IRA Rollover and a Qualified Plan Rollover?
- Moving money from a Traditional to a Roth or QP to a Roth – Conversion vs. Rollover?
- What is a Recharacterization between plan types?
- How do you correctly code the above transactions to the IRS?
- IRAs: Way Beyond the Basics
- Basic difference between primary and contingent beneficiaries
- Naming an estate or trust as a beneficiary
- IRS penalty exceptions prior to age 59 1/2 and the proper IRS coding
- Required Annual Notifications for RMDs and withholding
- Manually calculating distributions to accountholders age 70 1/2 and older
- Extensive discussion of beneficiary payout options – including spouse, nonspouse, estate and trust
- Setting up the Inherited IRA and documentation requirements
- IRA Audit and Compliance
- IRA forms to be kept on record by your financial institution, and the accountholder’s required disclosures and forms.
- What are the IRA accountholder notices that must be sent out in a timely manner?
- How to audit your IRA department for expertise, form use, procedures and work flow.
- Line-by-line instructions on 5498 and 1099-R reporting – What’s required vs. what’s optional?
- How and when to correct IRS reporting to avoid increased IRS fines to your financial institution.
- The most common errors hiding in your IRA customer files.
- Forms and tools for auditing your IRA files.
- 2016 IRA Cost of Living Adjustments.
Anyone who works with IRAs in any capacity will benefit from this webinar series.
Patrice M. Konarik is president of Sunwest Training Corp. founded over 20 years ago and is located in the Texas Hill Country near San Antonio, Texas. With over 30 years experience in the financial industry, Patrice has focused her expertise on the retirement and new account areas and is currently providing live training and webinars on these subjects on a nationwide basis. She has a BS In Management Science from New York’s Binghamton University. Many state banking associations and other organizations use her as their main source for training on these complicated topics. Patrice’s upbeat personality and former banking experience easily encourages interaction and questions during the training sessions.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 10 CE Credits
- Live Webinar which includes 5 Day On-Demand - $955
- Six Month On-Demand – $1065
- Live plus Six Month On-Demand – $1315
- CD-ROM (Includes Six Month On-Demand) – $1175
- Premier (Includes all options) – $1425
- Additional Locations – $275
Online: Click here.
Phone: Call Total Training Solutions at (800) 831-0678
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.