Investigating Internal Fraud
Financial institutions accept unknown liabilities when they start investigating internal frauds.
This session provides a framework for conducting investigations as well as fraud indicators and how people attempt to hide the fraud.
We have designed this program specifically for the individual who has little or no previous training in financial institution investigations. If you are new to this function, have worked in the area for less than three years or are newly assigned to the duties in the security area, this is the program for you.
Financial institutions accept unknown liabilities when they start investigating internal frauds without the proper education. This program develops the framework of how to conduct an internal fraud examination. We will review what causes people to decide to steal from their employer as well as how they will attempt to hide the fraud.
- Understanding the warning signs of an internal fraud in progress
- Know the business events that increase the potential for an internal fraud
- How to identify dysfunctional operation that may eventually produce an internal fraud.
- Know who should investigate internal fraud
- Understand the importance of documentation and evidence collection
- Learn how to handle the pressure of the investigation and management reaction
Senior management, internal audit, human resources, risk management and the security officer.
Barry Thompson, CRCM, Thompson Consulting Group LLC, is an international speaker, trainer, consultant and writer. Barry has worked in the financial services industry for over three decades and has held the positions of security officer, compliance officer, treasurer, senior vice president and executive vice president. He has handled over 900 security cases and has been involved with investigations and prosecutions at federal, state and local levels.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2 hours/session
Member price: $275.00 | Non member price $550.00
Member price: $295.00 | Non member price $560.00
Online: Visit the CBA Webinar Catalog
Mail: Click here and mail completed form with check payable to ConferenceEdge to: (Mail at least 10 days prior to event)
1516 Xavier St., Ste 500, Denver, CO 80204
Phone: Call ConferenceEdge at (877) 988-7526 (credit card payments only)
- Preferred Payment Method: Online
- Please register online or by phone when paying with a credit card
- Payment Must Accompany Registration – Invoices are Not Provided
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.