Information Security: Risk Assessments & Incident Response
Part 1 - understanding the core elements of risk assessments and methods to simplify the process
Session 1 will help you understand the core elements of risk assessments and methods to simplify the process. Session 2 highlights current threats, real procedures you can follow and the importance of forensics when digital robbery occurs.
Assessing Risk: Are you missing any Information Security Assessments at your bank?
Recently published FFIEC Cyber Security Assessment General Observations highlight deficiencies in current risk assessment and policy practices at financial institutions. This session discusses the importance for management to understand the financial institution’s inherent risk to cybersecurity threats and vulnerabilities. So what are the regulators looking for? Is this yet another risk assessment? We will review the regulatory guidance related to risk management and explore the core elements of risk assessment and methods to simplify your list of assessments. We will also review risk assessment frameworks and touch specifically on the following areas:
- Cybersecurity risk assessment
- IT risk assessment
- Vendor risk assessment
- Commercial account risk assessment
Senior management, IT officers, security officers, operations officers, risk managers, auditors and compliance officers.
Dr. Kevin Streff, Secure Banking Solutions (SBS) , Dakota State University
- Spoken for many bank trade association conferences as keynote, performed education at FDIC University, and testified to congress on cyber security in financial institutions
- Former Director and current Associate Professor of DSU National Center of Excellence in Information Assurance
- Founder and President of Secure Banking Solutions
- Faculty member of the University of Wisconsin Graduate School of Banking
- Founder and past President of InfraGard-South Dakota
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2 CE Credits.
Member price: $265.00 | Non member price $530.00
Member price: $280.00 | Non member price $560.00
Online: Visit the CBA Webinar Catalog
Mail: Click here and mail completed form with check payable to ConferenceEdge to: (Mail at least 10 days prior to event)
1516 Xavier St., Ste 500, Denver, CO 80204
Phone: Call ConferenceEdge at (877) 988-7526 (credit card payments only)
- Preferred Payment Method: Online
- Please register online or by phone when paying with a credit card
- Payment Must Accompany Registration – Invoices are Not Provided
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.