Information Security Program Basics: Create & Build Your Program
Develop an ISP that provides your institution with true direction and guidance that meets or exceeds regulatory expectations and provides genuine risk management of today’s threats.
Join our discussion to explore the building blocks of a repeatable framework for cybersecurity and information security issues.
Your information security program (ISP) can be more than a document created for compliance. This session will help you develop an ISP that provides your institution with true direction and guidance that meets or exceeds regulatory expectations and provides genuine risk management of today’s threats.
Most programs today are a collection of documents glommed together that simply exists to meet regulatory requirements. They do not provide the institution direction and guidance when it comes to information security. If this sounds like a familiar concept, join us for this session.
The following topics will be discussed:
- Regulatory requirements
- Purpose of repeatable cybersecurity frameworks
- Program basics for a solid framework
- Detailed explanation of framework components
- Next steps for a comprehensive, valuable, repeatable framework
- Making decisions with the framework
- Developing a solid framework to automatically handle new issues and technologies
Information security officers, risk officers, internal auditors, IT managers, compliance officers and IT-related committee members. Senior management and board members will also gain fundamental knowledge of their information security program.
Dr. Kevin Streff, Secure Banking Solutions (SBS) Dakota State University
- Spoken for many bank trade association conferences as keynote, performed education at FDIC University and testified to congress on cyber security in financial institutions
- Former Director and current Associate Professor of DSU National Center of Excellence in Information Assurance
- Founder and President of Secure Banking Solutions
- Faculty member of the University of Wisconsin Graduate School of Banking
- Founder and past President of InfraGard-South Dakota
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2 hours/session
Member price: $275.00 | Non member price $550.00
Member price: $295.00 | Non member price $590.00
Online: Visit the CBA Webinar Catalog
Mail: Click here and mail completed form with check payable to ConferenceEdge to: (Mail at least 10 days prior to event)
1516 Xavier St., Ste 500, Denver, CO 80204
Phone: Call ConferenceEdge at (877) 988-7526 (credit card payments only)
- Preferred Payment Method: Online
- Please register online or by phone when paying with a credit card
- Payment Must Accompany Registration – Invoices are Not Provided
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.