Improving Employee Performance in Everyday Work Situations & Reviews
Many supervisors and managers dislike giving employees needed feedback about surfing the internet, not following procedures correctly, criticizing other employees, or delivering poor customer service.
Supervisors and managers fear employees will become defensive, or the result will be an unproductive and emotionally-draining argument. So feedback gets delayed, allowing costly work behaviors to continue.
Receive step-by-step guidance on how to give employees feedback to gain their cooperation to improve performance. Also learn two skills to resolve employee defensiveness if it occurs, and issues that are often behind it. Plus, learn how to give positive feedback effectively, something most managers don’t do. These skills are also highly beneficial during performance evaluations.
Actual workplace situations will be used for demonstration. A Learning Guide and Skill Reinforcement Cards will be provided.
- How to give employees feedback the way they want it to be given
- Greatly reduce the likelihood of employee defensiveness
- What to say and how to say it, including words and phrases, body language, etc.
- Gain employee cooperation to improve performance
- Two skills to successfully resolve employee defensiveness
- Identify employee concerns about what you’re asking them to do
- Confirm agreement
- Give positive feedback that employees will believe and act on
- Highly skill based, not a lecture
Branch managers, assistant branch managers, teller operations supervisors, head tellers, and anyone responsible for the performance of direct reports.
Ross Blake is a senior level trainer with 25 years of experience in designing and delivering training in conflict resolution, team building, performance feedback, meeting facilitation, and other communication skills.
His clients include several Fortune 500 companies as well as banks, manufacturing, service, military, and educational institutions. It’s important to Ross that his participants learn skills so they can make positive changes in their banks and credit unions. He has spoken at industry conferences, including ABA, and before other business and training groups.
He is the author of How to Give Employees Performance Feedback & Resolve Resistance, and is a graduate of Ohio University.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2.5 CE Credits
- Live Webinar which includes 5 Day On-Demand - $265
- Six Month On-Demand – $295
- Live plus Six Month On-Demand – $365
- CD-ROM & Hardcopy Handouts(Includes 6 Month On-Demand) – $345
- Premier (Includes all options) – $395
- Additional Locations – $75
Online: Click here.
Phone: Call Total Training Solutions at (800) 831-0678
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.