HMDA: A Summary of the New Final Rules
HMDA is known to be the most difﬁcult lending regulation to understand and with which to comply.
Unfortunately, the error tolerances are as low as 5%, and many banks suffer Civil Money Penalties for submitting inaccurate HMDA data.
This webinar will focus on the current requirement, plus give you an overview of the coverage requirements effective 1/1/2017 and 1/1/2018. Your presenter is David Dickinson, who has been teaching HMDA at the ABA’s Compliance School for 15 years.
What You Will Learn
- A Summary of the New Final Rules – Effective 1/1/2017 and 1/1/2018
- HMDA: What’s it all about? The background/purpose
- Who HMDA applies to?
- Which loans are and are not HMDA reportable
- Common violations
- Information gathering and reporting
- What HMDA applies to?
- What HMDA does not apply to? Lots of examples.
- Proper completion of the LAR: 17 items that must be collected and completed for each entry
- Temporary financing – clarification and examples to this confusing area
- Refinancing – when it applies and when it does not
- Pre-approvals vs. pre-qualifications
- Pre-approval examples
- Public notices
- Resources, tools and quick reference guides
All loan department personnel, compliance officers, and auditors
An expert in compliance regulations, David Dickinson is a motivational speaker and innovative educator whose quick wit and sense of humor transform learning about the sometimes tedious topic of compliance into an enjoyable educational experience.
He is on the faculty of the Center for Financial Training, as well as the American Bankers Association National Compliance Schools. A Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM), he is a speaker at the ABA’s Regulatory Compliance Conference and a speaker/trainer for hundreds of webinars.
David’s career began as an FDIC examiner, after which he became a Loan Officer for a $110 million bank. In 1993, he established Banker’s Compliance Consulting. He has written numerous compliance articles for prestigious banking publications, and has developed compliance seminars that Banker’s Compliance Consulting produces.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2.5 CE Credits
- Live Webinar which includes 5 Day On-Demand - $265
- Six Month On-Demand – $295
- Live plus Six Month On-Demand – $365
- CD-ROM (Includes Six Month On-Demand) – $325
- Premier (Includes all options) – $395
- Additional Locations – $75
Online: Click here.
Phone: Call Total Training Solutions at (800) 831-0678
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.