Handling Social Security Representative Payee Accounts
Your institution opens accounts for social security representative payees.
Are you setting them up right? Should you issue debit cards? What money can go in and out of these accounts?
Learn about this important topic in detail to help prevent your institution from making costly errors in the account opening process. This webinar is designed for new account representatives and their managers.
- What is a representative payee?
- Can the account be joint?
- Can the representative payee order a debit Card?
- Do these have to be savings accounts?
- What can the representative payee use the account for?
- If the representative payee gets money for more than one person, how is the account set up?
- What if the representative payee is a group home?
- What if the representative payee dies or resigns?
- What happens if the owner dies?
- Can you give balances to a beneficiary?
- And many more questions and answers
Tellers, new account representatives, business bankers, personal bankers, branch managers, training, and all front line personnel
Deborah Crawford is the President of Gettechnical Inc., a Virginia based training company. She specializes in the deposit side of the financial institution and is an instructor on IRAs, BSA, Deposit Regulations and opening account procedures. She was formerly with Hibernia National Bank (now Capital One) and has bachelor’s and master’s degrees from Louisiana State University. She has 27 years of combined teaching and banking experience.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2.5 CE Credits
- Live Webinar which includes 5 Day On-Demand - $265
- Six Month On-Demand – $295
- Live plus Six Month On-Demand – $365
- CD-ROM (Includes Six Month On-Demand) – $325
- Premier (Includes all options) – $395
- Additional Locations – $75
Online: Click here.
Phone: Call Total Training Solutions at (800) 831-0678
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.