Handling Power of Attorney Documents – Do’s and Don’ts
This program will look at power of attorney "hotspots" and how to prevent your institution from making costly mistakes in handling these high risk documents.
Can an attorney-in-fact add him or herself to an account? To an IRA? To a trust?
These important questions and the answers can save your institution millions of dollars in litigation. What are you supposed to do with these complicated documents and how should you respond to customer questions? This webinar will walk you through the complicated process in reviewing and accepting a power of attorney.
- Types of power of attorneys (POAs)
- What happens when the agent dies, resigns or becomes disabled?
- What to look for in the documents?
- Can you refuse a POA?
- Do you have to accept a military POA?
- Adding POAs to existing accounts
- Accounts you cannot add a POA on
- Business accounts and POAs
- And much much more…
New accounts, lenders, branch managers, deposit operations, deposit compliance, tellers and all frontline personnel and those who manage them.
Deborah Crawford is the President of Gettechnical Inc, a firm, specializing in the education of financial institutions across the nation. Her 27+ years of experience began at Hibernia National Bank in New Orleans. She specializes in the education of financial institution employees and officers in the area of deposit account laws, new account documentation, insurance, compliance regulations and IRAs.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2 hours/session
Member price: $275.00 | Non member price $550.00
Member price: $295.00 | Non member price $590.00
Online: Visit the CBA Webinar Catalog
Phone: Call ConferenceEdge at (877) 988-7526 (credit card payments only)
- Preferred Payment Method: Online
- Please register online or by phone when paying with a credit card
- Payment Must Accompany Registration – Invoices are Not Provided
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.