Handling Loan Applications – What Can Go Wrong?
Do you know how the term "application" is defined in all the lending regulations?
Do your lenders and front line staff understand the difference between an application and an inquiry?
Join this fast-paced webinar to understand the application process with step-by-step instructions and examples that explain the requirements of several confusing regulations in terms that are easy to understand.
BONUS – Reg Z REQUIRES that loan originators have “periodic training” to ensure “knowledge of Federal legal requirements that apply to the individual loan originator’s loan origination activities.” START 2017 BY COMPLETING A PORTION OF THIS TRAINING REQUIREMENT.
- Learn what specific information will help you to handle applications correctly.
- What are the top five mistakes made in application processing?
- What are the timing requirements regarding applications?
- When does an application have to be in writing? Does it have to be signed?
- What are the signature rules for applications?
- What are the rules for appraisal copies? Reg B did NOT exempt commercial purpose loans secured by a 1st lien on a 1-4 dwelling.
- How do you properly document the “joint intent” to apply?
- When is an adverse action notice required? What must it contain? Who receives one?
- When can you pull a credit bureau? What documentation should be kept?
- When can a co-signer be requested?
- What are some practical suggestions and best practices?
This interactive session is a cost-effective way to gain a greater understanding of the rules about accepting and processing applications. There will be no travel costs, no time lost from work, and no one will be required to leave the institution. This informative session will benefit loan officers, loan assistants, loan operations staff, compliance officers, auditors, and trainers.
Susan Costonis is a compliance consultant and trainer. She specializes in compliance management along with deposit and lending regulatory training and began her career in 1978. Susan has successfully managed compliance programs and exams for institutions that ranged from a community bank to large multi-state bank holding companies. She has been a compliance officer for institutions supervised by the OCC, FDIC, and Federal Reserve.
Susan has been a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager since 1998, completed the ABA Graduate Compliance School, and graduated from the University of Akron and the Graduate Banking School of the University of Colorado. She regularly presents to financial institution audiences in several states and “translates” complex regulations into simple concepts by using humor and real life examples.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2.5 CE Credits
- Live Webinar which includes 5 Day On-Demand - $265
- Six Month On-Demand – $295
- Live plus Six Month On-Demand – $365
- CD-ROM (Includes Six Month On-Demand) – $325
- Premier (Includes all options) – $395
- Additional Locations – $75
Online: Click here.
Phone: Call Total Training Solutions at (800) 831-0678
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.