Handling Checks after the Death of the Account Holder
When your account holder dies, there are usually many aspects of their life still outstanding. During this program we will look at the checks and all the questions you get asked every day.
Insurance checks, treasury checks and regular checks, what are you supposed to do and what can you do to help the account holder and his or her family.
What if there will be no official estate account? This program is a must for all who work the front line.
- How many days can I pay checks my customer wrote after death
- How to handle treasury checks after death
- What happens to customer’s funds on social security representative payee accounts
- Who can negotiate a check after death made payable to the customer?
- What documentation do we need to prove someone can act for decedent?
- Can the spouse endorse checks for decedent?
- Who can negotiate checks “To the Family of John Doe”?
- and many other questions you get asked daily at the death of an account holder
New Accounts representatives, Tellers, Trainers, Branch Managers, Personal Bankers, Deposit Operations and Branch Administration.
Deborah Crawford is the President of gettechnical inc. She specializes in compliance and regulations for the deposit side of financial institutions. Her 20+ year career in banking and training began at Hibernia National Bank. She has been a seminar leader for many state associations and credit union groups across the nation. She has Bachelors and Masters degrees from Louisiana State University.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2.5 CE Credits
Live Webinar which includes 7 Day On-Demand - $265
Six Month On-Demand – $295
Live plus Six Month On-Demand – $365
CD-ROM (Includes Six Month On-Demand) – $325
Premier (Includes all options) – $395
Additional Locations – $75
Online: Click here.
Phone: Call Total Training Solutions at (800) 831-0678
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.