Get Global: Understanding Global Cash Flow Analysis
Understanding how to calculate and interpret cash flow is essential for successful bankers.
This course is designed to assist bankers in calculating cash flow using the Uniform Cash Flow Analysis (UCA) method. We’ll also provide guidance in calculating Global Cash Flow Analysis for entities that rely on excess cash generated by their owners to service the business entity’s commercial debt.
We’ll begin by defining Cash Flow as the tool to transform an Accrual Basis Financial Statement into a Statement of Cash Flow. We’ll discuss Cash Flow’s importance when considering a long-term loan request. We’ll then demonstrate how Cash Flow is calculated using the balance sheet and income statement to determine sources and uses of cash from Operating, Investing and Financing Activities. Next, we’ll review owners’ personal financial statements and tax returns to determine the excess compensation needed to support the debts of the business entity and the individual. This is the major premise of Global Cash Flow Analysis.
We’ll discuss several cases to demonstrate Global Cash Flow Analysis, including a case for the self-employed borrower with interests in several business entities.
You should finish with a solid understanding of how cash flow is calculated, and more importantly, how to interpret its meaning.
- An illustration of how Cash Flow Analysis is used to transition an Accrual Basis Financial Statement into a Statement of Cash Flow (or Cash Basis Statement) because loans are repaid with cash and not profits.
- Review of the rules of Cash Flow, which are essential for determining how much cash is generated from items on the balance sheet
- Global Cash Flow Analysis Methodology using financial statements, tax returns and credit reports of commercial borrowers and individuals
- Comparison of the UCA method of calculating cash flow versus the less effective traditional EBITDA (Earnings Before Interest, Taxes, Depreciation and Amortization) method of determining cash flow
- A fast Cash Analysis method that can get you to the same results in less time
- Senior Loan Officers
- Senior Credit Officers
- Commercial Loan Officers
- Branch Managers
- Credit Analysts
- Loan Review Personnel
- Consumer Loan Officers
- Credit Administration Support Staff
Jeffery W. Johnson started his career with SunTrust Bank in Atlanta as a Management Trainee and progressed to Vice President and Senior Lender of SouthTrust Bank and Senior Vice President and Commercial Banking Division Manager for Citizens Trust Bank of Atlanta.
Most of his career has been spent in Credit Administration, Lending, Business Development, Loan Review, Management and Training & Development. He has managed loan portfolios representing a cross section of loan types including: Large Corporate, High Net Worth Individual, Middle Market Companies, Small Business, Real Estate and Non-Profit Organizations.
Mr. Johnson is now a training professional in the financial industry by leading various seminars covering important topics relating to issues in financial institutions. He teaches actively for fifteen state banking associations in the United States, Risk Management Association (RMA) and individual financial institutions nationwide. He co-authored a training course entitled “Lending to Service and Other Professional Organizations” for RMA in 2001.
Mr. Johnson earned a B.A. Degree in Accounting from Morehouse College in Atlanta; a MBA in Finance from John Carroll University in University Heights, Ohio; Banking diploma from Prochnow School of Banking at the University of Wisconsin and a Graduate Certificate in Bank Management from the Wharton School of Business at the University of Pennsylvania.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2.5 CE Credits
- Live Webinar which includes 5 Day On-Demand - $265
- Six Month On-Demand – $295
- Live plus Six Month On-Demand – $365
- CD-ROM (Includes Six Month On-Demand) – $325
- Premier (Includes all options) – $395
- Additional Locations – $75
Online: Click here.
Phone: Call Total Training Solutions at (800) 831-0678
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.