Fraud Prevention Part II – Fraud Prevention for Security Professionals
Two hour tele-web seminar July 16, 2012
This presentation addresses methods used by internal and external offenders to commit policy violations and criminal activities.
This tele-web seminar will begin on Monday, July 16, 2012 at 11:30 AM to 1:30 PM Pacific Time.
This presentation addresses methods used by internal and external offenders to commit policy violations and criminal activities. We will focus on areas that contribute to an offender’s “window of opportunity.”
- Why an organization’s culture is the most important deterrent – what aspects leave it vulnerable
- How policies & procedures can prevent losses
- Why certain crimes target certain individuals & how to establish a loss prevention commitment with all your employees
- Documents frequently forged, altered or counterfeited – how computers & records may facilitate crimes & conceal/reveal evidence
- Who uses opening and closing procedures to their own advantage – why industry standard procedures may not be enough
- The presentation is designed to help you:
- Conduct an initial and continuing risk assessment
- Identify policies, procedures and controls that should be retained, modified or eliminated
- Enhance your ability to prevent these events or assist in the identification, apprehension and prosecution of offenders.
Security Officers, Directors, Auditors, HR Officers, Training Directors, Compliance Officers, Retail Operations Managers.
Dana Turner, Security Education Systems, has served as a law enforcement officer in several capacities, including the investigation of business and financial crimes. He is celebrating his 40th year in crime. He has delivered over 3,000 presentations and has acquired a reputation as a knowledgeable and entertaining instructor. Dana has designed and participated in programs offered by banking associations, examining and law enforcement agencies, and security, audit and HR organizations.
2.0 total credits
Member price: $250.00 | Non member price $500.00