Focus on CRE Appraisals: Part I – Overview of CRE Appraisal Guidelines & the Review Process
This session covers key issues from the newest Interagency Appraisal and Evaluation Guidelines, tips for integrating them into your existing policies and how CRE appraisals differ from residential reports.
- Overview of guidelines and issues critical to CRE appraisals
- The five minimum standards and what they really mean, as derived from the original 14 FIRREA points governing acceptable CRE appraisals
- What is FIRREA? (and other current regulatory guidelines)
- Yes, you can use appraisals prepared for other banks
- Types of reviews, as suggested by the guidelines
- Administrative/compliance plus a sample compliance review checklist
- Technical/internal plus a sample review checklist
- Outside/third party plus sample review comments
- Ideas for setting dollar limits
- What about evaluations?
- Not just for loans below the $250,000 and $1,000,000 thresholds
- Evaluator must be qualified and independent, and the evaluation reviewed
- Appraisal review outcomes: When to request revisions
CRE lenders, commercial lenders, credit analysts, mortgage lenders, private bankers, small business lenders, loan review specialists, special assets officers, lending managers, credit officers and CRE support personnel.
Richard Hamm has been training bankers for more than 19 years, specializing in all phases of commercial lending and credit, including portfolio and risk management, commercial real estate and appraisals, plus selling and negotiating skills. He has also been involved in director training, loan policy formation, bank formation and strategic planning. He owns/operates Advantage Consulting &Training after a 22-year banking career including senior positions in lending and credit.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2.5 hrs./session CRCM/CLBB
Member price: $265.00 | Non member price $530.00
Member price: $280.00 | Non member price $560.00
Online: Visit the CBA Webinar Catalog
Mail: Click here and mail completed form with check payable to ConferenceEdge to: (Mail at least 10 days prior to event)
1516 Xavier St., Ste 500, Denver, CO 80204
Phone: Call ConferenceEdge at (877) 988-7526 (credit card payments only)
- Preferred Payment Method: Online
- Please register online or by phone when paying with a credit card
- Payment Must Accompany Registration – Invoices are Not Provided
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.