Fixed-Income Investing for Community Banks
Strategies for Managing Your Bank in the Current Environment
Managing and guiding your bank in the current environment takes knowledge, skill and agility. Attend this webinar to improve net interest income and risk management skills, learn more about securities and prepare for a variety of economic outcomes.
The current environment provides many challenges and pitfalls for the investment portfolio manager. Managing and guiding your bank takes knowledge, skill and agility.
This program provides you and your staff with valuable and practical applications for improving net interest income, improving risk management techniques, learning more about securities, and, most important, preparing for a variety of economic outcomes.
- Review of the current economic environment
- Understand the calculations of price and yield and how they affect decision making
- Identify the pitfalls of investing in a low rate environment
- Survey practices in conducting ALM in the current interest rate environment
- Become familiar with risks and rewards of many common investment strategies
- Understand the role that structure plays in different rate environments, as it pertains to current and potential future banking regulations
- Develop a deeper understanding of mortgage-backed security (MBS) analysis
CEOs, CFOs, directors, portfolio managers, ALCO members and anyone else involved in the bank investment decision making.
S. Blake Scharlach currently serves as Senior Vice President for TIB Capital Markets. Prior to his tenure at TIB, he worked as a lender and investment portfolio manager for a community bank. Blake’s responsibilities at TIB include advising banks on investment strategies, portfolio management, purchases and sales of fixed income securities, and asset/liability management. He has authored numerous articles and has served as a capital markets speaker for state banking associations across the country.
Todd J. Wentz currently serves as Senior Vice President and Director of Capital Markets Strategies for TIB Capital Markets. Todd is a member of the Advisory Board of Sheshunoff Banker’s Economic Investment Alert and has been a guest speaker for the Conference of State Bank Supervisors and several other bank trade conferences and meetings. Todd has written articles on bank investment portfolio strategies and currently sits on the Special Task Force for the Texas Department of Insurance as the Capital Markets Expert.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2 hours
Member price: $265.00 | Non member price $530.00
Member price: $280.00 | Non member price $560.00
Online: Visit the CBA Webinar Catalog
Mail: Click here and mail completed form with check payable to ConferenceEdge to: (Mail at least 10 days prior to event)
1516 Xavier St., Ste 500, Denver, CO 80204
Phone: Call ConferenceEdge at (877) 988-7526 (credit card payments only)
- Preferred Payment Method: Online
- Please register online or by phone when paying with a credit card
- Payment Must Accompany Registration – Invoices are Not Provided
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.