Fair Lending for the Frontline
Fair Lending training isn’t just for employees in the loan areas. Every employee having contact with a potential applicant needs to understand the basic requirements of Regulation B (and Equal Credit Opportunity Act) and what actions might discourage “a reasonable person”.
What type of training should frontline employees have regarding fair lending? Could a frontline employee’s treatment of an applicant cause a problem in the next fair lending exam? Register for this session and learn how to improve compliance with Fair Lending laws. BONUS: Satisfy the “annual fair lending” training requirement that has become a regulatory expectation.
- How do you respond to an applicant that asks, “Do you think I’ll qualify for a loan?”
- What is an oral application under Reg B? When is a written application required, and what must be requested?
- What questions can you ask a loan applicant? What questions should NOT be asked?
- What type of comments would discourage an applicant?
- What happens when you deny a loan request?
- Steps for taking and processing consumer and mortgage applications, including a review of the revised appraisal copy requirements.
- Understanding the different types of discrimination and prohibited bases under the ECOA and Fair Housing Act.
- How should your financial institution handle complaints, especially a complaint about potential discrimination or unfair, deceptive or abusive practices?
- What are the latest Fair Lending “hot buttons” and recent enforcement actions?
This informative session is designed for Compliance Officers, Auditors, Loan Officers, Loan Assistants, Loan Administration staff and any employee having contact with loan applicants.
Susan Costonis is a compliance consultant and trainer. She specializes in compliance management along with deposit and lending regulatory training. Most of her 35-year career was spent as a banker in several areas including lending, marketing, compliance, and senior management. Susan has written numerous training manuals and successfully managed compliance programs and exams for institutions supervised by the OCC, FDIC, and Federal Reserve. She is a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager, completed the ABA Graduate Compliance School, and graduated from the University of Akron and the Graduate Banking School of the University of Colorado. She regularly presents to financial institution audiences in several states.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2.5 hrs.
Either Live or 6-Month On-Demand Webinar: $255
Both Live and 6-Month On-Demand Webinar: $355
Online: Click here.
Phone: Call Total Training Solutions at (800) 831-0678
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.