Fair Lending for Community Bank Lenders
Understanding and Dealing With Increased Regulatory Scrutiny On Fair Lending In a Community Bank Environment
This program is created for community bank lenders, credit analysts, loan administration personnel and others to improve their knowledge, awareness and confidence that their bank is effectively dealing with the expanding issues of fair lending.
Fair lending has been an important regulatory issue for banks and bankers since FIRREA/CRA was adopted more than 20 years ago. The issues apply to commercial and consumer lending. Recently, regulators have announced that fair lending oversight and enforcement will be a top priority. In addition, areas of bank service, such as overdrafts and pricing, are being examined for potential unfair, deceptive or abusive practices.
- Understanding UDAAP (unfair, deceptive or abusive acts or practices);
- Understanding what policies and procedures can be abusive;
- Fairness in loan pricing, or: Must there be a one-size-fits-all pricing grid?
- Overdrafts and overdraft protection programs
- Mortgage lending (the focus of fair lending) is not the only area which applies to fair lending. Fair lending concerns also apply to consumer, commercial and small business lending.
- Disparate treatment: Has it ever happened?
- Redlining: What and Why?
- Steering of applicants to higher priced products
- Credit Scoring
- Third Party Risks
- Three P’s of Fair Lending Risk: Program, Procedures and Practices.
This program is not intended for compliance officers, although their participation is welcome. It focuses on the needs of lenders and bankers who interact daily with customers. Policies and procedures will be discussed, but the primary goal is to guide lenders toward a working awareness and understanding of fair lending compliance.
Bob Ullom – the program is led by Bob Ullom, nationally known banking educator and past-president of two successful start-up banks which were both fast-growing and profitable. Bob brings over 40 years of audit and bank lending and management experience to this fast-paced program. Since 1990, Bob has taught in 38 states on a variety of credit, documentation, management and compliance topics.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2.5 hours/session CLBB.
Member price: $265.00 | Non member price $530.00
Member price: $280.00 | Non member price $560.00
Online: Visit the CBA Webinar Catalog
Mail: Click here and mail completed form with check payable to ConferenceEdge to: (Mail at least 10 days prior to event)
1516 Xavier St., Ste 500, Denver, CO 80204
Phone: Call ConferenceEdge at (877) 988-7526 (credit card payments only)
- Preferred Payment Method: Online
- Please register online or by phone when paying with a credit card
- Payment Must Accompany Registration – Invoices are Not Provided
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.