Fair Lending and the CFPB in Underwriting, Servicing & Collections
Do you know what changes the CFPB has brought to Fair Lending with a focus on "data driven" information and consumer complaints? Has your regulator issued any recent enforcement actions?
How will your institution be evaluated in the next Fair Lending exam? Could you be targeted for a “special” Fair Lending review as an “outlier bank” based on HMDA data or “proxy” information? Learn how Fair Lending will be evaluated differently than ever before.
Learn about the most current “red flags” identified by regulators in conducting Fair Lending exams. You can avoid many of these pitfalls by developing simple internal controls as part of an effective compliance management system. Learn how to monitor exceptions to policies and procedures.
- What does the required “ability to repay” documentation show about how your financial institution makes, prices, and documents a lending decisions?
- What should you know about the interagency Fair Lending examination procedures used by the OCC, FDIC, and Federal Reserve?
- There are the six compliance program risk factors in Fair Lending. What can you do to mitigate this risk and prevent being a high risk institution?
- How can an effective internal Fair Lending review help detect problems before the examiners arrive?
- Are there any potential Fair Lending issues in the way that your financial institution is handling loan servicing and the collection process?
- Do your servicing and collection procedures address concerns about SCRA violations and the special protections available to active duty service members?
- The Department of Justice recently announced several enforcement actions based on discriminatory treatment on the basis of disabilities, national origin, race, and marital status. Several lenders have been sanctioned for mistreatment of applicants on maternity leave
This informative session will benefit Loan Officers, Underwriters, Collectors, Compliance Officers, Auditors, Credit Administrators, Risk Managers, Fair Lending Officers, and Senior Management.
Susan Costonis is a compliance consultant and trainer. She frequently provides consulting services to financial institutions regarding fair lending and other compliance management issues. Her 37 year career in banking and training began with 20 years at First National Bank, an affiliate of Wells Fargo Bank, in Fort Collins, CO. Susan has been a bank compliance consultant or compliance officer in Louisiana since 1998
During her career, Susan has successfully managed compliance programs and exams for institutions supervised by the OCC, FDIC, and Federal Reserve. She is a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager and completed the ABA Graduate Compliance School and the Graduate Banking School of the University of Colorado. Susan regularly presents seminars to financial associations.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2.5 CE Credits
Live Webinar which includes 7 Day On-Demand - $265
Six Month On-Demand – $295
Live plus Six Month On-Demand – $365
CD-ROM (Includes Six Month On-Demand) – $325
Premier (Includes all options) – $395
Additional Locations – $75
Online: Click here.
Phone: Call Total Training Solutions at (800) 831-0678
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.