Exploring the IRA Universe – 4 Part Series
This four part series includes the following webinars.
Click each link for a complete description of what will be covered in each session.
Each webinar can also be purchased individually.
Exploring the IRA Universe – Part I (Definitions, Forms and Plan Types) – Thursday, October 19th
The goal of this Part I IRA Basic Webinar is to start at the beginning of “What is an IRA?” Who can have an IRA? How much can they contribute?
Exploring the IRA Universe – Part II (IRA Transfers and IRA and QP Rollovers) – Thursday, October 26th
Learn about important recent changes to the world of IRA Rollovers.
Exploring the IRA Universe – Part III (Beneficiaries and Distributions) – Friday, December 1st
If you are searching for a Webinar where you will achieve that higher “comfort level” on these complicated topics, this seminar is “must-attend”.
Exploring the IRA Universe – Part IV (How to Audit your IRA Accounts) – Tuesday, December 5th
If you don’t want to write checks to the IRS for filing errors, this webinar is a “must attend”!
- Review of top terminology of IRAs
- Basic Forms Required To Open, Close, Move and Maintain IRAs (have your own forms – including application, contribution and distribution forms – available during the webinar)
- Qualifications, Contribution Limits and Deadlines for:
- Traditional IRA and Roth IRAs
- Conversion Roth (IRS codes and reporting)
- SEP IRAs
- Why is it important to QUALIFY the money coming into the financial institution?
- What are the three questions that should be verified?
- What is the IRS definition of an IRA for rollover qualification purposes?
- What happens if an IRA accountholder exceeds the once-per-12-month rule?
- What are the exceptions for the 60 day time period where the customer can “self-certify” the rollover is still allowed?
- What are the alternatives to moving money from IRA to IRA if not a “rollover”?
- Which IRA Forms are used and how is the movement reported to the IRS?
- When does the financial institution have to verify transactions with the other institution?
- What’s the difference between an IRA Transfer, an IRA Rollover and a Qualified Plan Rollover?
- Moving money from a Traditional to a Roth or QP to a Roth – Conversion vs. Rollover?
- What is a Recharacterizations between plan types?
- Most importantly…How do we correctly code the transactions above to the IRS?
- IRA Beneficiaries
- Basic difference between primary and contingent beneficiaries
- Naming an estate or trust as a beneficiary
- IRA Distributions includes:
- IRS penalty exceptions prior to age 59½ and the proper IRS coding
- Required Annual Notifications for RMDs and Withholding
- The NINE red flags of beneficiary payouts – including reporting pitfalls
- Extensive discussion of beneficiary payout options – including spouse, nonspouse, estate and trust
- Setting up the Inherited IRA and documentation requirements
- IRA forms to be kept on record by the financial institution and the accountholder’s required disclosures and forms
- What are the IRA accountholder notices that must be sent out in a timely manner
- How to audit the IRA department as far as expertise, form use, procedures and work flow
- Line by line instructions on 5498 and 1099-R reporting – what’s required vs. what’s optional.
- How and when to correct IRS reporting to avoid increased IRS fines to the financial institution
- The most common errors hiding in your IRA customer files
- Forms and tools for auditing your IRA files
- 2017 IRA Cost of Living Adjustments
Anyone who works with IRAs in any capacity will benefit from this webinar series.
Patrice M. Konarik is president of Sunwest Training Corp. founded over 20 years ago and is located in the Texas Hill Country near San Antonio, Texas. With over 30 years’ experience in the financial industry, Patrice has focused her expertise on the retirement and new account areas and is currently providing live training and Webinars on these subjects on a nationwide basis. She has a BS in Management Science from New York’s Binghamton University. Many state banking associations and other organizations use her as their main source for training on these complicated topics.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 10 CE Credits
- Live Webinar which includes 5 Day On-Demand - $995
- Six Month On-Demand – $1,065
- CD-ROM (Includes Six Month On-Demand) – $1,255
- Live plus Six Month On-Demand – $1,315
- Premier (Includes all options) – $1,425
- Additional Locations – $275
Online: Click here.
Phone: Call Total Training Solutions at (800) 831-0678
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.