Excel Explained: Minimize Spreadsheet Errors
In this informative intermediate-level webcast, Excel expert David Ringstrom, CPA, shares a variety of tricks and techniques you can use to improve the integrity of your Excel spreadsheets.
You’ll also discover techniques for auditing spreadsheets created by others. David covers a variety of Excel features as well, including the Hide and Protect feature, the Conditional Formatting feature, the Table feature, and the Custom Views feature.
David teaches from the version of Excel in use by the majority of attendees, but he explains any differences in Excel 2007, 2010, 2013, and 2016. His webcasts are fast-paced, and attendees often are surprised at the amount of ground he covers in a session. He welcomes participants’ questions, so come ready to pick his brain. David’s detailed handouts serve as reference tools you can fall back on after participating in one of his webcasts. He also provides an Excel workbook that includes a majority of the examples he uses during each session.
- Compare and contrast IFNA, IFERROR, and ISERROR functions, and learn which versions of Excel support these worksheet functions.
- Discover techniques that automatically provide fallback positions in the event you need to see an earlier version of your spreadsheet.
- Get a jump start on spreadsheet projects by using free, prebuilt templates in Excel.
- Improve the integrity of spreadsheets with Excel’s VLOOKUP function.
- Learn a simple design technique that greatly improves the integrity of Excel’s SUM function.
- Learn how range names can minimize errors, save time in Excel, serve as navigation aids, and store information in hidden locations.
- Perform dual lookups, which allow you to look across columns and down rows to cross-reference the data you need.
- Preserve key formulas using the Hide and Protect features.
- Toggle the Locked status of a worksheet cell on or off by way of a custom shortcut.
- Use Conditional Formatting to identify unlocked cells into which data can be entered.
- Use Excel’s Custom Views feature to make a single set of data serve multiple purposes.
- Use the SUMIF function to summarize data based on a single criterion.
- Define how to structure workbook data in a fashion that works best with Excel’s features, such as pivot tables and filtering.
- Apply Data Validation to document input cells and enforce data integrity.
- Apply the New Window and Arrange All commands to view worksheets within a single workbook.
Anyone seeking to improve the integrity of their spreadsheets and boost their efficiency.
David Ringstrom, CPA owns Accounting Advisors, Inc., an Atlanta-based spreadsheet and database consulting firm that he started in 1991. David has written freelance articles about spreadsheets since 1996, some of which have been published internationally. He teaches scores of webinars on Excel each year, along with speaking at conferences. David coined the phrase “Either you work Excel, or it works you!” Accordingly his sessions are designed to help you turn the tide and become a much more effective spreadsheet user.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2.5 CE Credits
- Live Webinar which includes 7 Day On-Demand - $265
- Six Month On-Demand – $295
- Live plus Six Month On-Demand – $365
- CD-ROM (Includes Six Month On-Demand) – $325
- Premier (Includes all options) – $395
- Additional Locations – $75
Online: Click here.
Phone: Call Total Training Solutions at (800) 831-0678
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.