Excel Explained: Minimize Spreadsheet Errors
In this live webinar Excel expert David Ringstrom, CPA will present numerous techniques that he relies on to improve the integrity of spreadsheets that he builds for himself and others.
This session will empower with simple ways to avoid introducing errors into your own workbooks.
David will teach from Excel 2010, but will answer questions specific to any version of Excel. Alternate instructions for Excel 2013, 2007, or 2003 are included in the handout where applicable.
The learning objective of this intermediate webinar is to minimize the risk and impact of errors within Excel spreadsheets.
- Learn design techniques that minimize errors
- Learn how range names minimize errors, save time in Excel, serve as navigation aids, and can store information in a hidden location
- Learn a simple design technique that greatly improves the integrity of Excel’s SUM function
- Create an in-cell list by way of Excel’s Data Validation feature
- Determine whether formulas within tables use cell references or field names
- Learn how to use the SUMIFS function in Excel 2007 and later (or SUMPRODUCT in any version of Excel) to summarize data based on multiple criteria
- Learn how to incorporate check figures and alarms into your work
- Use the Group and Ungroup feature to expand or collapse
- Use Excel’s OFFSET function to dynamically reference data from one or more accounting periods
- Save time when aggregating data from multiple worksheets with Excel’s INDIRECT function
- Use the TEXT function to create report titles that update themselves
- Transform dates and numbers into various formats without retyping by way of custom number formats
- Add a drop-down list to your Quick Access toolbar that allows you to toggle custom views on the fly
- Learn ways to restrict how others use your spreadsheet, including using the Scroll Area and Very Hidden properties to protect sensitive worksheets
- Discover techniques that automatically provide fall-back positions in the event that you need to see an earlier version of your spreadsheet
Anyone seeking to improve the integrity of their spreadsheets.
David Ringstrom, CPA owns Accounting Advisors, Inc., an Atlanta-based spreadsheet and database consulting firm that he started in 1991. David has written freelance articles about spreadsheets since 1996, some of which have been published internationally. He teaches dozens of webinars on Excel each year, along with speaking at conferences. David coined the phrase “Either you work Excel, or it works you!” Accordingly his sessions are designed to help you turn the tide and become a much more effective spreadsheet user.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2.5 CE Credits
Live Webinar which includes 7 Day On-Demand - $265
Six Month On-Demand – $295
Live plus Six Month On-Demand – $365
CD-ROM (Includes Six Month On-Demand) – $325
Premier (Includes all options) – $395
Additional Locations – $75
Online: Click here.
Phone: Call Total Training Solutions at (800) 831-0678
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.