Excel Explained: Introduction to Spreadsheets
This presentation is designed for those who haven’t worked with Excel spreadsheets before or who haven’t used them in a few years.
Excel expert David Ringstrom, CPA, walks you through the basics of Excel spreadsheets, providing the knowledge needed to create functional spreadsheets and manipulate large lists of data.
During the webcast, David presents an overview of the different types of files you can create; explains Excel’s rows and columns grid; demonstrates how to remove duplicates from a list; shares keyboard shortcuts that simplify repetitive tasks; shows you how to use free, prebuilt Excel templates to get a jump start on your spreadsheet projects—and much more.
David typically demonstrates techniques from the version of Excel used by the majority of attendees. This means he uses Excel 2010, 2013, or 2016 to demonstrate techniques, but his detailed handouts identify differences in Excel 2007, 2010, 2013, and 2016 when needed.
His webcasts are fast-paced, and attendees often are surprised at the amount of ground he covers in a session. He welcomes participants’ questions, so come ready to pick his brain. David’s detailed handouts, with numbered steps, serve as reference material you can utilize going forward. He also provides an Excel workbook that includes most of the examples he uses during the webcast.
- Bring Excel’s green error-checking prompts under control by managing the underlying rules.
- Compare user interface changes in Excel 2013 and 2016 that have vastly simplified chart-related tasks.Discover the Recommended PivotTables feature.
- Eliminate duplicates from a list with just a few mouse clicks.
- Get a jump start on spreadsheet projects by using free, prebuilt templates in Excel.
- Get an overview of the different types of files you can create in Excel.
- Get oriented with Excel’s grid of rows and columns.
- Jump-start data visualization with the Quick Analysis feature.
- Learn the nuances of copying formulas within Excel spreadsheets.
- Manage column widths within your spreadsheets.Master Excel’s order of operations for mathematical formulas.
- Navigate large workbooks with ease by way of a hidden menu as well as keyboard shortcuts.
- Never type $ signs manually in a formula again; use a keyboard shortcut instead.
- Simplify repetitive tasks by creating your own keyboard shortcuts.
- Streamline printing spreadsheets to PDF format.
- Understand how to enter dates in an Excel spreadsheet.
- Use a custom number format to hide zero amounts within a specific area of a spreadsheet.
- Gain control over long lists of data by filtering instead of sorting.
Practitioners who wish to learn the basics of working with Excel spreadsheets.
David H. Ringstrom, CPA, is an author and nationally recognized instructor who teaches scores of webinars each year. His Excel courses are based on over 25 years of consulting and teaching experience. David’s mantra is “Either you work Excel, or it works you,” so he focuses on what he sees users don’t, but should, know about Microsoft Excel. His goal is to empower you to use Excel more effectively. To learn more about David, you can view his LinkedInprofile and follow him on Facebook or Twitter (@excelwriter).
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2.5 CE Credits
- Live Webinar which includes 5 Day On-Demand - $265
- Six Month On-Demand – $295
- CD-ROM (Includes 6 Month On-Demand) – $345
- Live plus Six Month On-Demand – $365
- Premier (Includes all options) – $395
- Additional Locations – $75
Online: Click here.
Phone: Call Total Training Solutions at (800) 831-0678
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.