Excel Explained: Introduction to Spreadsheets
This presentation is designed for those who haven’t worked with Excel spreadsheets before or who haven’t used them in a few years.
Excel expert David Ringstrom, CPA, takes you through spreadsheets from the ground up. After attending this session, you’ll be equipped to create functional spreadsheets and to manipulate lists of data.
David teaches from the version of Excel in use by the majority of attendees, but he explains any differences in Excel 2007, 2010, 2013, and 2016. His webcasts are fast-paced, and attendees often are surprised at the amount of ground he covers in a session. He welcomes participants’ questions, so come ready to pick his brain.
David’s detailed handouts serve as reference tools you can fall back on after participating. He also provides an Excel workbook that includes a majority of the examples he uses.
- Bring Excel’s green error-checking prompts under control by managing the underlying rules.
- Eliminate duplicates from a list with just a few mouse clicks.
- Get a jump start on spreadsheet projects by using free, prebuilt templates in Excel.
- Get an overview of the different types of files you can create in Excel.
- Get oriented with Excel’s grid of rows and columns.
- Jump-start data visualization with the Quick Analysis feature.
- Learn the nuances of copying formulas within Excel spreadsheets.
- Manage column widths within your spreadsheets.
- Master Excel’s order of operations for mathematical formulas.
- Navigate large workbooks with ease by way of a hidden menu as well as keyboard shortcuts.
- Never type $ signs manually in a formula again; use a keyboard shortcut instead.
- Simplify repetitive tasks by creating your own keyboard shortcuts.
- Understand how to enter dates in an Excel spreadsheet.
- Wrangle long lists of data by filtering instead of sorting.
- Identify how to skip confusing menus by way of time-saving mouse tricks and keyboard shortcuts.
- Define the structural basics of Excel worksheets and workbooks.
- Apply some basic data-analysis techniques.
Practitioners who need a basic understanding of how to work in Excel spreadsheets
David Ringstrom, CPA owns Accounting Advisors, Inc., an Atlanta-based spreadsheet and database consulting firm that he started in 1991. David has written freelance articles about spreadsheets since 1996, some of which have been published internationally. He teaches scores of webinars on Excel each year, along with speaking at conferences. David coined the phrase “Either you work Excel, or it works you!” Accordingly his sessions are designed to help you turn the tide and become a much more effective spreadsheet user.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2.5 CE Credits
- Live Webinar which includes 5 Day On-Demand - $265
- Six Month On-Demand – $295
- Live plus Six Month On-Demand – $365
- CD-ROM (Includes Six Month On-Demand) – $325
- Premier (Includes all options) – $395
- Additional Locations – $75
Online: Click here.
Phone: Call Total Training Solutions at (800) 831-0678
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.