Excel Explained: Introduction to Spreadsheets
During the first half of this session Excel expert David Ringstrom helps beginners get up to speed in Microsoft Excel by showing how to assemble an amortization table from scratch. However, even experienced Excel users will learn some new tricks, particularly during the second half of the presentation.
David will discuss under-utilized aspects of Excel such as managing error prompts, filtering data (instead of sorting), as well as provide an overview of new data analysis features in Excel 2013. He will teach primarily from Excel 2010 while noting significant differences in Excel 2007 and 2013 where applicable. Coverage of Excel 2003 will be limited to alternate instructions listed within in the handout.
- Gain an understanding of Microsoft Excel and how to build a spreadsheet
- Learn keyboard shortcuts and techniques that simplify repetitive tasks in Excel
- Get an overview of using charts and pivot tables in your workbooks
- Get an overview of the different types of files you can create in Excel
- Simplify repetitive tasks by creating your own keyboard shortcuts
- Navigate large workbooks with ease by way of a hidden menu, as well as keyboard shortcuts
- Discover how to quickly access folders and workbooks, no matter either on your computer or a network
- Streamline Filtering tasks down to one click, instead of 7 or more
- Capitalize on new features in Excel 2013 that empower anyone to quickly analyze data
- Discover the new Recommended Pivot Tables feature in Excel 2013
Anyone wishing to use Microsoft Excel more effectively.
David Ringstrom, CPA owns Accounting Advisors, Inc., an Atlanta-based spreadsheet and database consulting firm that he started in 1991. David has written freelance articles about spreadsheets since 1996, some of which have been published internationally. He teaches dozens of webinars on Excel each year, along with speaking at conferences. David coined the phrase “Either you work Excel, or it works you!” Accordingly his sessions are designed to help you turn the tide and become a much more effective spreadsheet user.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2.5 CE Credits
Either Live or 6-Month On-Demand Webinar: $255
Both Live and 6-Month On-Demand Webinar: $355
Online: Click here.
Phone: Call Total Training Solutions at (800) 831-0678
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.