Endorsements on Fiduciaries, Trusts, Estates and Business Accounts: Who is authorized to negotiate?
Trusts, Estates, and business accounts all have individuals who own assets and receive checks. These entities have big dollars and high risks when handling their checks. The questions of who can endorse these types of checks and how they should be endorsed will be addressed in this informative program.
If you have ever wondered how, when and why of endorsements on high level items this is the program for you. Take a look at the common questions that will be answered in this must attend program. Every teller at every financial institution will enjoy this practical and informative program.
- Can businesses cash every check? Get cash back? Deposit personal checks into business accounts?
- How should a fiduciary endorse a check? On a UTMA how does the custodian endorse the check? How does a representative payee endorse a check?
- Can a deceased person endorse a check? Can the executor endorse a check? What about tax payments and social security benefit checks? Who if anyone can endorse a check for a deceased person? Does it matter what kind of check?
- Can a trustee deposit a trust check into a personal account? Can a personal check of a trustee be deposited into a trust account? How should trust checks be endorsed?
- Does your financial institution take third party checks? How should the check be endorsed?
- All of these and many more questions will be answered in this important check program.
Tellers, head tellers, cashiers, teller trainers, new accounts, and all branch personnel who handle checks.
Deborah Crawford is the President of gettechnical inc. She specializes in compliance and regulations for the deposit side of financial institutions. Her 20+ year career in banking and training began at Hibernia National Bank. She has been a seminar leader for many state associations and credit union groups across the nation. She has Bachelors and Masters degrees from Louisiana State University.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2.5 CE Credits
Either Live or 6-Month On-Demand Webinar: $255
Both Live and 6-Month On-Demand Webinar: $355
Online: Click here.
Phone: Call Total Training Solutions at (800) 831-0678
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.