Employment Records and How to Keep Them
This program provides information not just on what records you should keep and for how long, but on the several underlying and even more important issue of record creation, storage, and the DON'Ts which create the major liabilities.
Human Resources, payroll, safety, and auditing professionals have ongoing questions about what employment records are required to be retained, and for how long. However, this is only the start of the issues.
The legal requirements and employer liabilities go far beyond these simple issues.
- How do you keep records?
- Who has access?
- Why are you in trouble if you only follow the legal time requirements?
- Should you “archive” all records?
- What creates “records”?
- What creates “problem records” you did not even know you had?
- What records should you NOT create?
- The penalties for NOT preserving that the laws don’t even mention
- How do the courts view your record retention?
Human Resources personnel, Managers, Accountants, and anyone employing others will benefit from this webinar.
Bob Gregg, Boardman & Clark Law Firm in Madison, Wisconsin, has been involved in employment relations for more than 30 years. He litigates employment cases, representing employers in employment contracts, discrimination cases, FLSA, FMLA and all other areas of employment law. His main emphasis is helping employers achieve enhanced productivity, creating positive work environments and resolving employment problems before they generate lawsuits. Bob has conducted over 3,000 seminars throughout the United States and authored numerous articles on practical employment issues. Bob is a member of the Society for Human Resource Management and the National Speakers Association. He is also a National Faculty Member of the American Association for Access, Equity and Diversity and served on the Board of Directors for the Department of Defense Equal Opportunity Management Institute Foundation.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2.5 CE Credits
- Live Webinar which includes 5 Day On-Demand - $265
- Six Month On-Demand – $295
- Live plus Six Month On-Demand – $365
- CD-ROM (Includes Six Month On-Demand) – $325
- Premier (Includes all options) – $395
- Additional Locations – $75
Online: Click here.
Phone: Call Total Training Solutions at (800) 831-0678
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.