Employment Compliance Basics
You must adhere to employment laws to mitigate potential liabilities and losses.
This webinar focuses on areas of high risk for new HR officers or anyone seeking knowledge of HR compliance
and best practices.
Employers are required to adhere to employment laws, such as Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Americans with Disabilities Act and Fair Labor Standards Act. It’s important that employers are compliant
with employment laws as it mitigates the risk of liability for unfair employment practices and potential losses that might have a greater impact on the bank.
- Recruiting – employment advertisements, employment applications, social media, interview process, job applicant record keeping, job descriptions, applicant referral agencies
- Hiring – authorization for background and credit checks, drug screen disclosure, offer letter, employment skill tests, new hire orientation, handbook acknowledgement
- Posted notices – Federal and state
- Employee handbook
- Performance appraisal
- Manager training – anti-harassment, anti-discrimination, HIPAA, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Labor Standards Act, FMLA
- Termination – voluntary, involuntary, exit meeting
Bankers with newly assigned HR responsibilities and all HR officers seeking knowledge on HR compliance and best practices.
Caroline Gabriel, provides human resource audit and compensation and benefits consulting services. She has 15 years of broad-based experience supporting benefits and payroll initiatives through improvements in human resource management. Areas of expertise include: Risk Assessment for employment law compliance, Risk Assessment for Health & Welfare and Retirement Benefit plans, Benefit Administration, Payroll Administration,
and Annual audits and testing including 401(k) Non-Discrimination Testing and Audits and 5500 Processing/Filing.
Patrick J. Cole SPHR, CCP, SHRM-SCP, has 14 years of experience with Crowe Horwath LLP, and over 25 years of HR leadership experience with three industry leaders all ranked among “100 Best Companies to Work for In America.” Patrick has a wealth of experience in compensation design, updates, and audits for base, incentive, executive and board compensation. He also specializes in organizational and leadership assessments for effectiveness and roles and responsibility fulfillment and HR strategy and process design for organizational strategic alignment and employment law compliance.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2 hours/session
Member price: $275.00 | Non member price $550.00
Member price: $295.00 | Non member price $590.00
Online: Visit the CBA Webinar Catalog
Mail: Click here and mail completed form with check payable to ConferenceEdge to: (Mail at least 10 days prior to event)
1516 Xavier St., Ste 500, Denver, CO 80204
Phone: Call ConferenceEdge at (877) 988-7526 (credit card payments only)
- Preferred Payment Method: Online
- Please register online or by phone when paying with a credit card
- Payment Must Accompany Registration – Invoices are Not Provided
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.