E-Sign Compliance – Implementation Steps and Requirements for Loan Applications
The world of electronic banking continues to evolve and bankers want to keep pace with technology and customer preferences.
Recent surveys indicate that 51% of adults in the U.S. bank online and 32% bank with mobile phones.
What steps must be followed to be in compliance with E-Sign?
- What are the rules? Learn about Federal regulations for E-Sign
- Which lending regulations are related to E-Sign and have specific provisions for compliance?
- Can you provide appraisal copies electronically?
- How do you comply with the “delivery” requirements of Integrated Disclosures for Loan Estimates and Closing Disclosures?
- What are “digital signatures”?
- What are the retention requirements for loan documents?
- Can mortgage statements be provided electronically?
- Can Privacy Notices be provided electronically?
- Common questions, resources, exam procedures
- Learn the Six-Step Process for Consumer Consent
- Basic Steps for E-Sign Implementation
This informative session will be helpful to ensure compliance with e-banking and is targeted for Compliance officers, Lending staff and Loan operations, Operations Managers, and others responsible for managing online banking, E-SIGN compliance, e-statements, and e-disclosures.
See the link in the E-Sign Resources section to an FDIC publication called “A Bank Customer’s Guide to Cybersecurity”. It was issued March 8, 2016 and has some excellent security tips
Susan Costonis is a compliance consultant and trainer. She specializes in compliance management along with deposit and lending regulatory training.
Susan has successfully managed compliance programs and exams for institutions that ranged from a community bank to large multi-state bank holding companies. She has been a compliance officer for institutions supervised by the OCC, FDIC, and Federal Reserve. Susan has been a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager since 1998, completed the ABA Graduate Compliance School, and graduated from the University of Akron and the Graduate Banking School of the University of Colorado. She regularly presents to financial institution audiences in several states and “translates” complex regulations into simple concepts by using humor and real life examples.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2.5 CE Credits
- Live Webinar which includes 5 Day On-Demand - $265
- Six Month On-Demand – $295
- CD-ROM (Includes 6 Month On-Demand) – $345
- Live plus Six Month On-Demand – $365
- Premier (Includes all options) – $395
- Additional Locations – $75
Online: Click here.
Phone: Call Total Training Solutions at (800) 831-0678
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.