Do’s and Don’ts on Working with Caregivers and Fiduciaries
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau in October released four guides for those charged with handling money on another’s behalf.
The guides – which cover powers of attorney, court-appointed guardianship, trusteeship and designated payees for government benefits – outline responsibilities of those who handle the affairs of the millions of elderly Americans who use the assistance of a financial representative. In this webinar, we will review the general Do’s and Don’ts when working with power of attorney’s, guardianships, trustees and designated payees for government benefits. You will receive tips and guidelines to help your institution work towards better understanding of each of these roles and what it entails to work on behalf of another person.
- What the federal government considers the best behavior and practice on each role.
- What is a guardian, and what can he or she do or not do?
- What is a power of attorney, and what can the attorney-in-fact do and not do?
- What are the responsibilities for those who handle the affairs of millions of Americans like SSI and Social Security?
- How each duty is to act in the best interest of the one he or she serves.
- Highlights of elder abuse and our role in preventing it.
New Accounts, Customer Service Representatives, Branch Administration, Compliance, Legal, Branch Managers, Tellers, and anyone who works with customers.
Deborah Crawford is the President of gettechnical inc. She specializes in compliance and regulations for the deposit side of financial institutions. Her 20+ year career in banking and training began at Hibernia National Bank. She has been a seminar leader for many state associations and credit union groups across the nation. She has Bachelors and Masters degrees from Louisiana State University.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2.5 hrs.
Either Live or 6-Month On-Demand Webinar: $255
Both Live and 6-Month On-Demand Webinar: $355
Online: Click here.
Phone: Call Total Training Solutions at (800) 831-0678
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.