Customer Information Programs for High Risk Customers
How to open accounts under your CIP continues to be a “hotspot” in BSA examinations. This program will help you review and rebuild your CIP for high risk customers in today’s banking environment.
How to open accounts under your Customer Identification Program (CIP) continues to be a “hotspot” in BSA examinations. We will review 30 types of accounts and examine who the customers are for CIP purposes. You will learn how to operate your CIP procedures within federal law. You may be doing more work than you have to so it may be time to examine your policy and procedures in light of new technology. You won’t want to miss this program on identifying and updating your customer records and accounts.
- How to review and rebuild your CIP in today’s banking environment
- Key definitions
- Types of identification
- What to do when things don’t match
- What rules: IRS or CIP
- Reliance on third parties and other financial institutions
- The tough accounts: Agents, Ioltas, Fiduciaries
- Signers or not to identify signers on Business Accounts
- What is CIP and what is due diligence?
- What do you have to update and when?
New account representatives, branch managers, deposit operations personnel, customer service representatives, compliance and BSA officers.
Deborah Crawford is the President of gettechnical inc. She specializes in compliance and regulations for the deposit side of financial institutions. Her 20+ year career in banking and training began at Hibernia National Bank. She has been a seminar leader for many state associations and credit union groups across the nation. She has bachelors and masters degrees from Louisiana State University.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2 hrs. CRCM/CFSSP
Member price: $265.00 | Non member price $530.00
Member price: $280.00 | Non member price $560.00
Online: Visit the CBA Webinar Catalog
Mail: Click here and mail completed form with check payable to ConferenceEdge to: (Mail at least 10 days prior to event)
1516 Xavier St., Ste 500, Denver, CO 80204
Phone: Call ConferenceEdge at (877) 988-7526 (credit card payments only)
- Preferred Payment Method: Online
- Please register online or by phone when paying with a credit card
- Payment Must Accompany Registration – Invoices are Not Provided
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.