Creative Loan Workout Strategies
This course is a collaboration of the legal and financial aspects involved in successfully resolving delinquencies. Whether you’re a workout pro or new to workouts, this seminar will add new tools to your workout arsenal.
In this economic environment, it’s more important than ever that lending personnel are proactive and responding aggressively to loan delinquencies. With larger numbers of default loans and growing ORE portfolios, it’s critical that a special credits officer knows how to analyze credits with creative, flexible solutions to bring more loans back to performing status.
This seminar provides a step-by-step method for determining appropriate workout options and examples of a variety of workout types, restructures and settlements. The case studies will help you determine how to apply them to real world examples. We will also provide you with tips throughout the seminar to make sure these workouts actually “work out.”
- Options available to the bank based on various issues such as loan types, collateral and other creditor positions; evaluation of business and personal cash flows; the identification of non-collateral assets and how to create a solution that will maximize recovery for the bank.
- Course techniques take into account personal guarantees, participated debts, revolving credit lines, developed and undeveloped collateral, vertical and horizontal development loans, multiple financing tranches and retranching.
- Our case studies will show how to use financial statements to identify additional sources of collateral, arrive at creative loan restructures, and evaluate borrower information in order to result in a performing loan or maximize asset recovery.
Board members, loan committee members, loan officers, auditors, legal counsel, third-party servicers, foreclosure management specialists, special assets officers, workout specialists, compliance officers, loan review staff and others responsible for foreclosure management, loss mitigation, staffing or training and third-party vendor relationships.
R. Clark Carruth, a Director with Synergist Financial, a Dallas-based consulting firm. Clark is a proud graduate of the SMU Dedman School of Law. His practice group focuses on real estate, loan workouts and federal agency negotiations. He has worked extensively with the National Association of Home Builders and various state associations to create financing and development initiatives.
Course Contributor: Maggie Marotta, CPA, CFE is Managing Director of Synergist Financial. Maggie’s experience includes positions as financial institution Controller, Department Head of Claims/Settlement with the Resolution Trust Corporation and Manager of Business and Capital Services with a public accounting firm and Managing Partner of Apogee Partners, a firm specializing in loan workouts and settlements.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit aba.com/icb/membercereview for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2 hours CRCM/CLBB/CPB.
Member price: $265.00 | Non member price $530.00
Member price: $280.00 | Non member price $560.00
Online: Visit the CBA Webinar Catalog
Mail: Click here and mail completed form with check payable to ConferenceEdge to: (Mail at least 10 days prior to event)
4434 W. 29th St., Denver, CO 80212
Phone: Call ConferenceEdge at (877) 988-7526 (credit card payments only)
- Preferred Payment Method: Online
- Please register online or by phone when paying with a credit card
- Payment Must Accompany Registration – Invoices are Not Provided
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.