Creating the Right Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Program for YOUR Community Bank
Are you creating the first ERM Program for your bank? Or do you want to ensure your current program is complete, yet simple? If you answer “yes” to either question, this webinar is for you!
Risk Management is at the heart of banking, and every bank needs processes, policies, and procedures to assess and manage the risks on its balance sheet. Learn the fundamental pieces of the ERM puzzle, how they relate to each other, and how to integrate your ERM program into your bank’s Strategic Plan.
We’ll show you one step at a time how to build a complete, yet simple program for your bank. Learn how you can make the process fun, and how your team will become closer as they work together with the common goal of protecting your bank’s assets.
- ERM general background and key definitions
- Identifying the specific building blocks/components of a simple, yet complete ERM Program covering the three key areas of ERM
- Identifying and Assessing Risk
- Mitigating and Eliminating Risk
- Monitoring and Reporting Risk
- Creating an ERM Committee Charter
- Choosing the right ERM Committee members
- Integrating the ERM Program into your Strategic Plan
- Creating the Risk Management Appetite and Tolerance Statement – Description of Process
- Implementing your ERM Program
- Keeping the process fun while complying with regulations and protecting your bank—consistently in every area!
Chief Risk Officers, Risk Managers, Chief Credit Officers, Chief Financial Officers, Compliance Officers, Internal Auditors, Board Directors who want to learn more about ERM, Bank Presidents involved in the risk management process and their ERM program.
Marci Malzahn is the president and founder of Malzahn Strategic, a community bank consultancy focused on strategic planning, enterprise risk management, and talent management. Marci has 23 years of banking experience, the last ten as the EVP/CFO/COO of a community bank she helped start where she oversaw all the bank operations areas, including finance, IT, compliance, internal audit, deposit/loan operations, office management, risk management, and HR. In her last year as EVP/COO/CRO, Marci created and focused on the bank’s risk management program. She was also the corporate secretary of both the holding company and the bank.
Before starting the bank in 2005, Marci took a detour from banking for five years and worked for a $34 million revenue non-profit organization where she led IT, HR and Finance. Marci’s extensive experience in banking infrastructure and her passion to help other banks succeed led her to found Malzahn Strategic in 2014.
Marci is the recipient of a number of professional awards, is a published author of three books, and an international bilingual public speaker, speaking frequently at banking conferences and associations. Marci holds a B.A. in business management from Bethel University and is a graduate of the Graduate School of Banking in Madison, Wisconsin.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2.5 CE Credits
- Live Webinar which includes 5 Day On-Demand - $265
- Six Month On-Demand – $295
- Live plus Six Month On-Demand – $365
- CD-ROM (Includes Six Month On-Demand) – $325
- Premier (Includes all options) – $395
- Additional Locations – $75
Online: Click here.
Phone: Call Total Training Solutions at (800) 831-0678
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.