CRA Review & Update
It has been years since the regulatory agencies have overhauled CRA regulations but they are constantly tinkering with the rules.
This program explains the changes as well as the basic requirements.
On December 16, 2015, the federal bank regulatory agencies published amendments that adjust the asset-size thresholds used to define “small bank” and “intermediate small bank.” The agencies also made technical edits to remove obsolete references to the Office of Thrift Supervision (OTS) and update cross-references to regulations C (HMDA) and Z (TILA).
This two-hour program includes:
- A review of the basic requirements of CRA and its implementing regulations, including:
- Performance tests, standards and ratings;
- Assigned ratings;
- Assessment area delineation;
- Public file requirements;
- CRA notices; and
- Community development activities;
- An explanation of the adjustment to the asset-size thresholds used to define “small bank” and “intermediate small bank.”
- A review of the technical edits to remove obsolete references to the Office of Thrift Supervision (OTS) and update cross-references to Regulations C (HMDA) and Z (TILA).
Bankers should view CRA ratings as a game. You need to learn how to play the game well. The challenge is made more difficult as the agencies continuously change the rules. This program contains core knowledge needed by all lenders to implement the basic requirements as well as the new CRA rules. Also:
- The detailed manual is a great desktop reference; and
- The presenters have decades of experience with this topic.
The program is designed for management of the loan department, compliance officers, CRA officers, marketing staff and auditors.
Jack Holzknecht, CRCM, is the CEO of Compliance Resource, LLC. He has been delivering the word on lending compliance for 39 years. Jack’s career began as a federal bank examiner. He also headed the form and software division of a regional consulting company. He has developed and presented training programs to bankers in 43 states. He also developed and delivered training for the FDIC.
Kelly M. Owsley, CRCM, is Director of Training Services for Compliance Resource, LLC. Since 2000, she has worked for financial institutions ranging in asset size from $250 million to $3 billion. Kelly has worked in branch management, lending, product development and training. Recently, she served as VP of Compliance for a community bank where she was responsible for implementing and training all compliance related topics.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2 hours/session
Member price: $275.00 | Non member price $550.00
Member price: $295.00 | Non member price $590.00
Online: Visit the CBA Webinar Catalog
Mail: Click here and mail completed form with check payable to ConferenceEdge to: (Mail at least 10 days prior to event)
1516 Xavier St., Ste 500, Denver, CO 80204
Phone: Call ConferenceEdge at (877) 988-7526 (credit card payments only)
- Preferred Payment Method: Online
- Please register online or by phone when paying with a credit card
- Payment Must Accompany Registration – Invoices are Not Provided
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.