CRA Review & Update
This program reviews March 18 proposed amendments that would clarify a number of issues related to community development activities and how they impact your CRA rating. It also reviews basic requirements of the CRA regulations.
It has been years since the federal bank regulatory agencies have overhauled the Community Reinvestment Act regulations, but they are constantly tinkering with the rules. The changes impact how your rating is determined and what activities receive community development credit. On March 18, 2013 the federal bank regulatory agencies published proposed amendments that would clarify a number of issues related to community development activities. This program reviews and explains the proposed changes and how those changes impact your CRA rating. It also reviews the basic requirements of the CRA regulations.
Bankers should view CRA ratings as a game. You need to learn how to play the game well. The challenge of playing the game is made more difficult as the agencies continuously change the rules of the game. This program contains core knowledge needed by all lenders to implement the new CRA rules. Also:
- The detailed manual is a great desktop reference; and
- The presenter has decades of experience with this topic.
In addition to the review of the basic requirements of CRA, this two-hour program includes information regarding the proposed revisions that would:
- Clarify how the agencies consider community development activities that benefit a broader statewide or regional area that includes an institution’s assessment area.
- Provide guidance related to CRA consideration of, and documentation associated with, investments in nationwide funds.
- Clarify the consideration of certain community development services.
- Address the treatment of qualified investments to organizations that use only a portion of the investment to support a community development purpose.
- Clarify that community development lending should be evaluated in such a way that it may have a positive, neutral, or negative impact on the large institution lending test rating.
The program is designed for management of the loan department, Compliance Officers, CRA Officers, marketing staff and auditors.
Jack Holzknecht, CRCM, a principal with Pegasus Educational Services, LLC, has been delivering the word on lending compliance for 37 years. Jack’s career began as a federal bank examiner. He also headed the form and software division of a regional consulting company and spent seven years in charge of their education division. He also developed and delivered training for the FDIC and OTS.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2 hrs. CRCMCLBB/CPB/CCSR.
Member price: $265.00 | Non member price $530.00
Member price: $280.00 | Non member price $560.00
Online: Visit the CBA Webinar Catalog
Mail: Click here and mail completed form with check payable to ConferenceEdge to: (Mail at least 10 days prior to event)
1516 Xavier St., Ste 500, Denver, CO 80204
Phone: Call ConferenceEdge at (877) 988-7526 (credit card payments only)
- Preferred Payment Method: Online
- Please register online or by phone when paying with a credit card
- Payment Must Accompany Registration – Invoices are Not Provided
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.