Consumer Construction Loans
An overview of the key steps in effectively administering consumer construction loans including risk, types of construction, due diligence, loan agreements, managing the draw process, other risks and issues and more.
Residential construction lending continues to expand, along with the economy.
As housing recovers, remodeling has become more active also. This program provides an overview of major issues involved in consumer or residential construction lending, primarily to individuals having a home built or remodeled.
Suggested with Commercial Construction Lending on August 9
- Attend this webinar and gain a better understanding of:
- What construction risk is
- What additional due diligence is needed, beyond a conventional mortgage application and underwriting
- Full construction vs. repair/remodel
- Construction contract and detailed cost estimate issues
- Contractor credentials and financial strength
- Plans and drawings
- Lot survey
- Appraisal issues
- Loan pricing and structuring
- Typical interest rate and fees
- Construction loan agreements
- Issues with draws and inspections, cost over-runs and lien priority
- How is the construction loan going to end (get repaid)
Consumer and commercial lenders, credit analysts and support staff, mortgage bankers, private bankers, small business lenders, loan review specialists, special assets officers, lending managers and credit officers.
Richard Hamm, has been training bankers for more than 24 years, specializing in all phases of commercial lending and credit, including portfolio and risk management, commercial real estate and appraisals and selling and negotiating skills. He has also been involved in director training, loan policy formation, bank formation and strategic planning. He owns/operates Advantage Consulting &Training after a 22-year banking career including senior positions in lending and credit.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2 hours/session
Member price: $275.00 | Non member price $550.00
Member price: $295.00 | Non member price $590.00
Online: Visit the CBA Webinar Catalog
Mail: Click here and mail completed form with check payable to ConferenceEdge to: (Mail at least 10 days prior to event)
1516 Xavier St., Ste 500, Denver, CO 80204
Phone: Call ConferenceEdge at (877) 988-7526 (credit card payments only)
- Preferred Payment Method: Online
- Please register online or by phone when paying with a credit card
- Payment Must Accompany Registration – Invoices are Not Provided
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.