Construction Lending: Part 1 – Consumer Construction Loans
Residential construction lending continues to expand slowly, along with the economy. Over the next year, remodeling is expected to outpace new construction.
This program provides an overview of the major issues involved consumer or residential construction lending, primarily to individuals having a home built or remodeled.
- What is construction risk?
- What additional due diligence is needed, beyond a conventional mortgage application and underwriting?
- Full construction vs. repair/remodel
- Construction contract and detailed cost estimate issues (Description of Materials form)
- Contractor credentials and financial strength
- Plans and drawings
- Lot survey
- Appraisal issues
- Loan pricing and structuring
- Typical interest rate and fees
- Construction loan agreements
- Issues with draws and inspections, including cost over-runs and lien priority
- How is the construction loan going to end (get repaid)?.
Consumer and commercial lenders, mortgage bankers, private bankers, small business lenders, credit analysts, loan review specialists, special assets officers, lending managers and credit officers. Support personnel involved in the administration of construction loans will also benefit.
Bob Ullom, nationally recognized banking educator, has been teaching appraisal regulation since 1991 on a nationwide basis. As president of two successful start-up banks, he brings real-world relevance and up-to-date perspective on new challenges presented by the new guidelines. Questions and answers will be the order of the day in this fast-paced program
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2 hrs./sessionCLBB.
Member price: $265.00 | Non member price $530.00
Member price: $280.00 | Non member price $560.00
Online: Visit the CBA Webinar Catalog
Mail: Click here and mail completed form with check payable to ConferenceEdge to: (Mail at least 10 days prior to event)
1516 Xavier St., Ste 500, Denver, CO 80204
Phone: Call ConferenceEdge at (877) 988-7526 (credit card payments only)
- Preferred Payment Method: Online
- Please register online or by phone when paying with a credit card
- Payment Must Accompany Registration – Invoices are Not Provided
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.