Conducting investigations can be one of the most daunting jobs for the financial institution professional.
Attend this webinar and learn the questions to ask, who to consult and how to handle your own staff during an external investigation.
This program is designed for those with little or no previous training in financial institution investigations. If you have been the security officer for less than three years, or are newly assigned to conducting investigations, this is the webinar for you. This would also serve as a great refresher course for seasoned security officers.
- Understand the requirements for Federal, state or local law enforcement to accept your case.
- Know the reason you must interview an accountholder or person at the time they make the complaint
- When to obtain help from law enforcement, legal counsel or other security officers
- Know what management really needs to know during your investigation
- How to report bad news to the board and management
- How to document your case and prepare it for law enforcement or attorneys
Auditors, HR staff, security officers, risk management staff and anyone else that conducts investigations on fraud or illegal happenings for the financial institution.
Barry Thompson, CRCM, Thompson Consulting Group LLC, is an international speaker, trainer, consultant and writer. Barry has worked in the financial services industry for over three decades and has held the positions of security officer, compliance officer, treasurer, senior vice president and executive vice president. He has handled over 900 security cases and has been involved with investigations and prosecutions at federal, state and local levels.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2 hours/session
Member price: $275.00 | Non member price $550.00
Member price: $295.00 | Non member price $590.00
Online: Visit the CBA Webinar Catalog
Mail: Click here and mail completed form with check payable to ConferenceEdge to: (Mail at least 10 days prior to event)
1516 Xavier St., Ste 500, Denver, CO 80204
Phone: Call ConferenceEdge at (877) 988-7526 (credit card payments only)
- Preferred Payment Method: Online
- Please register online or by phone when paying with a credit card
- Payment Must Accompany Registration – Invoices are Not Provided
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.