Compliance for Commercial Lenders
Many examiners find the commercial lending area is fertile for compliance violations because of confusion regarding which requirements apply to commercial loans.
Those violations may result in penalties or expensive litigation.
This webinar identifies which regulations apply to commercial transactions and reviews the major requirements of each of those regulations.
- Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and Anti-Money Laundering (AML)
- USA PATRIOT Act – CIP, CDD, EDD and Beneficial Ownership
- Suspicious Activity Reporting (SAR)
- Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act (UIGEA)
- Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA)
- Fair Housing Act (FHA)
- Home Mortgage Loan Disclosure Act (HMDA)
- Flood Disaster Protection Act (FDPA)
- Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA & FRB)
- Truth in Lending Act/Regulation Z
- Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act/Regulation X
- Real Estate Appraisal Interagency Guidance
- Servicemember Civil Relief Act (SCRA)
- Military Lending Act
- Insider Credit – Regulation O
- Securities Lending – Regulation U
- Right to Financial Privacy Act (RFPA) and Regulation S
- Community Reinvestment Act (CRA)
- Bank Bribery Act implications
- Unfair, Deceptive or Abusive Acts or Practices
- Other rules and regulations
Commercial Loan Officers, Compliance Officers, Auditors and those responsible for documenting commercial loans.
Jack Holzknecht, CRCM, is the CEO of Compliance Resource, LLC. He has been delivering the word on lending compliance for 40 years. He has developed and presented training programs to bankers in 43 states. He also developed and delivered training for the FDIC for ten years.
Kelly M. Owsley, CRCM, is Director of Training Services for Compliance Resource, LLC, Kelly’s career in banking began in 2000. Since then she has worked for financial institutions ranging in asset size from $250 million to $3 billion.
Don L. Blaine, CRCM, CRP, is the Senior Training Consultant for Compliance Resource, LLC. Don has over 30 years of experience in bank regulatory compliance with both community and money center banks. He is a subject matter expert in consumer affairs laws and regulations, specializing in BSA/AML and deposit compliance. Prior roles include chief compliance officer, senior compliance regulatory examiner and compliance audit manager. Before joining Compliance Resource, LLC, Don served as a bank consultant.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2 hours/session
Member price: $275.00 | Non member price $550.00
Member price: $295.00 | Non member price $590.00
Online: Visit the CBA Webinar Catalog
Phone: Call ConferenceEdge at (877) 988-7526 (credit card payments only)
- Preferred Payment Method: Online
- Please register online or by phone when paying with a credit card
- Payment Must Accompany Registration – Invoices are Not Provided
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.