Completing the New FinCEN-CTR: Frontline Training
“The NEW FinCEN CTR is unlike any report we have ever filed. Don’t wait to train! The April Fool’s day deadline is no joke!” This program will train your entire frontline item-by-item using a simulated live-action presentation and “real-world” examples.
The Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) released the NEW FinCEN-CTR (Form 112) for use beginning July, 1, 2012. Its USE IS MANDATORY on April 1, 2013. The new FinCEN-CTR is completed and submitted online through FinCEN’s BSA E-Filing System. For many financial institutions this represents a huge change. All frontline personnel must be up to speed by the April 1, 2013 deadline.
This program is designed to train tellers, new accounts personnel and other frontline employees how to complete the new FinCEN-CTR. Using a simulated live-action environment, the form is explained item-by- item. Your employees watch and listen as the form is completed using several common scenarios. There is no better way to train your staff on this topic. A desktop reference is also provided.
- Introduction to the NEW FinCEN-CTR (Form 112)
- Detailed explanation of each item applicable to a depository institution filing
- Pitfalls associated with clicking “unknown”
- Explanation of the form’s “dynamic” features
- Review of the 15 words filers are prohibited from using on a FinCEN-CTR
- Filling out the form for an entity vs. an individual, and multiple persons
- Rules for use of “multiple” and “aggregated” transactions
- Explanation of reportable activity, and how to report various amounts and types of transactions
- The FinCEN-CTR is completed using various “real-world” examples
Tellers, new accounts personnel and other frontline employees responsible for completing CTRs. Head tellers, supervisors, compliance personnel and trainers are also encouraged to attend.
Laura Wilson is a principal with Pegasus Educational Services, LLC. Audiences routinely comment on her unique recollection of material and sense of humor. At one time she served as compliance trainer for a $3 billion savings bank. Later, she was a senior consultant/trainer for a consulting firm for financial institutions. She has also taught at compliance schools sponsored by the OTS and the FDIC.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit aba.com/icb/membercereview for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2.5 hours CRCM/CBT/CCSR/CPB/CFSSP.
Member price: $265.00 | Non member price $530.00
Member price: $280.00 | Non member price $560.00
Online: Visit the CBA Webinar Catalog
Mail: Click here and mail completed form with check payable to ConferenceEdge to: (Mail at least 10 days prior to event)
4434 W. 29th St., Denver, CO 80212
Phone: Call ConferenceEdge at (877) 988-7526 (credit card payments only)
- Preferred Payment Method: Online
- Please register online or by phone when paying with a credit card
- Payment Must Accompany Registration – Invoices are Not Provided
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.