Completing the Currency Transaction Report
This is the best program available on completing the FinCEN Currency Transaction Report. Your employees will watch and listen as the CTR is completed line-by-line using several common scenarios.
This is the best program available on completing the FinCEN Currency Transaction Report. It uses Version 1.2 of the report (released April 2013), and Version 1.4 of the FinCEN Currency Transaction Report (FinCEN CTR) Electronic Filing Requirements (released September 2014).
The presentation is pre-recorded to combine standard slides with the “real-time” environment of the interactive FinCEN CTR to create the most engaging program available on this topic. Your employees will watch and listen as the CTR is completed line-by-line using several common scenarios. Use the “On Demand” program as a part of your employee on-boarding process to train new hires.
The manual serves as an excellent on-the-job resource! It provides real world examples and a plain language explanation of the filing requirements. There are no restrictions on the number of copies that may be made and distributed to your financial institution personnel.
- General information: filing requirements, definitions and examples.
- A detailed explanation of each item applicable to a depository institution CTR filing.
- Pitfalls associated with clicking “unknown”.
- An explanation and demonstration of the CTR’s “dynamic” features.
- A review of the 15 words filers are prohibited from using on a FINCEN CTR.
- How to fill out the report for an entity vs. an individual, and for multiple person scenarios.
- Rules for use of “multiple” transactions and “aggregated” transactions using common examples.
- An explanation of reportable activity, and how to include various amounts and types of transactions.
Tellers, new accounts and other frontline employees responsible for completing CTRs. Head tellers, supervisors, compliance personnel and trainers are also encouraged to attend.
Laura Wilson is a principal with Pegasus Educational Services, LLC. Audiences routinely comment on her unique recollection of material and sense of humor. At one time she served as compliance trainer for a $3 billion savings bank. Later, she was a senior consultant/trainer for a consulting firm for financial institutions. She has also taught at compliance schools sponsored by the OTS and the FDIC.
Continuing Education: Estimated credits: 2 hours (self-reporting).
This is a rebroadcast and does not include a live offering.
Member price: $280.00 | Non member price $560.00
Online: Visit the CBA Webinar Catalog
Mail: Click here and mail completed form with check payable to ConferenceEdge to: (Mail at least 10 days prior to event)
1516 Xavier St., Ste 500, Denver, CO 80204
Phone: Call ConferenceEdge at (877) 988-7526 (credit card payments only)
- Preferred Payment Method: Online
- Please register online or by phone when paying with a credit card
- Payment Must Accompany Registration – Invoices are Not Provided
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.