Commercial Real Estate Lending in Today’s Economy Mandatory 2 Part Series 07/01 & 07/14
Learn the essentials of CRE lending from a review of the current market to the underwriting and approval process. This program also covers documentation, closing and monitoring issues, problem loan situations, marketing CRE loans and more.
Attend this webinar to review the basics of commercial real estate (CRE) lending including types of properties and demand/supply in the current market.
You will learn how to underwrite a CRE loan, including assessing the borrower, exploring loan structure and determining loan support. This section will also include helpful hints for improving a CRE loan write-up and better understanding the approval process.
The documenting, closing and monitoring of CRE loans and related environmental issues will then be explored. This will be followed by a review of problem CRE loans and related collateral issues. The course will conclude with a case study as to how to properly market CRE loans and also provide a discussion on other CRE lending issues.
- The basics of commercial real estate, including types of properties and demand/supply in the current market.
- Analyze the underwriting of a CRE loan including assessing the borrower, exploring the elements of a CRE loan structure and determining the elements of CRE loan support.
- Helpful hints to improve a CRE loan write-up and review the approval process including loan committee dynamics.
- Various loan documentation, closing and monitoring issues as well as environmental concerns.
- Analyze problem CRE loan situations and explore related collateral issues.
- How to market CRE loans and discuss other issues in CRE lending.
Commercial lenders, credit analysts, loan documentation specialists, branch managers, private bankers and business development officers.
David L. Osburn, CPA, CCRA, NACM, is the founder of Osburn & Associates, LLC, a business training and contract CFO firm that provides seminars, webinars and keynote speeches for bankers, CPAs, attorneys, credit managers and business owners on topics such as banking/finance/credit, negotiation skills, marketing and management issues. Mr. Osburn’s clients include financial institutions, law firms, CPA firms, real estate developers and contractors. His extensive professional background includes 14 years as a Business Trainer/Contract CFO and 16 years as a bank commercial lender. His banking credentials include loan underwriting, loan “work-out,” management and business development. Mr. Osburn has been an adjunct college professor (MBA and undergraduate courses) for 29 years.
Institute of Certified Bankers: Visit http://www.icbmembers.org/login.aspx for instructions regarding self-reporting. Estimated credits: 2 hours/session
Member price: $525.00 | Non member price $1050.00
Member price: $565.00 | Non member price $1130.00
Online: Visit the CBA Webinar Catalog
Mail: Click here and mail completed form with check payable to ConferenceEdge to: (Mail at least 10 days prior to event)
1516 Xavier St., Ste 500, Denver, CO 80204
Phone: Call ConferenceEdge at (877) 988-7526 (credit card payments only)
- Preferred Payment Method: Online
- Please register online or by phone when paying with a credit card
- Payment Must Accompany Registration – Invoices are Not Provided
Register online up to day of event. Earlier registration allows time to check your computer for an optimal experience.